Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS light/ turn signals not working

mbcostanzo
04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi all,

so i recently bought a 95 grand prix se and everything worked well. then the turn siganls quit working and then the abs light recently started coming on.

I have heard that the abs thing is a common problem, are there any specific ways to narrow down what's causing it? Fluid levels are fine, etc....

As far as the turn signals go, i'm assuming that it has something to do with the switch in the housing. Fuses are fine. Any tips or tricks to replacing it or suggestions?

All ideas, questions, suggestions or whatever are more than welcome. Thanks for looking.

richtazz
04-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome to AF.

On the turn signal issue, it's a bad multifunction switch. There are two different ones depending on if your car has the accessory control buttons on the steering wheel or not.

with steering wheel accessory controls Delco part #D6214A
without steering wheel accessory controls, Delco part# D6226A

Changing it isn't a difficult job, but it requires disconnecting the air bag and removing the steering wheel. The most difficult part of the job is threading the new wire harness back down through the column.

On the ABS issue, your model picks up it ABS signal from a reluctor on the CV axle and a sensor mounted to the spindle, so it doesn't have an ABS sensor in the hub bearing. Your best bet is to have it scanned at a shop with an ABS capable scanner to see what triggered the ABS light.

Add your comment to this topic!