Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

timing belt blew 94 2.5 v6 any point in looking inside?

crookedpanda
04-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi, just curious if there is any hope for the valves....(thanks gm)....wth.
btw my gmc sierrra c1500 with 305 has 330 km on it ...belt has never been changed....
I just read this one is rated for 30 k before replacement...lmao. I actually love this car...so much I'm going to ditch the truck and never buy another gm ...they shouldn't put garbage engines like this in such a good car..no wonder the resale is zero on saabs..

Does anyone now if the make a saab without any Gm parts ...
If not I hate to say it...but a bmw or mercedes will be my next project

2 questions ..one post sorry and thanks

S

Mordac85
08-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure, but I would think the V6 has enough room to spare your valves from being beaten to death if the timing belt breaks. If not that is probably a small cost compared to a replacement engine or a new car.

GM only had a 50% share of Saab in the 90's and I haven't found any GM parts in my son's 95 900SE so I think it's safe to say there are no US/GM parts in them. European GM plants may have provided parts but it's hard to tell. After the 2000 buyout I'm pretty sure it's 100% GM parts now.

As for the timing belt, it hasn't broken yet and you should consider yourself lucky and replace it anyway.

navygz19
10-15-2008, 08:05 AM
GM only had a 50% share of Saab in the 90's and I haven't found any GM parts in my son's 95 900SE so I think it's safe to say there are no US/GM parts in them. European GM plants may have provided parts but it's hard to tell. After the 2000 buyout I'm pretty sure it's 100% GM parts now.

I don't think you're going to find too many US parts in it (like Cavalier-esque buttons and Delco radios!) seeing as in the 90's GM was tossing in European derived parts from Opel and what-not.

Today it's a different story though (sadly)

Add your comment to this topic!