Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Misfire on 3

Goddard007
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm having a misfire on 3 and don't know why. I've changed the plugs the connectors and checked the coils those are all good. I checked the injectors by disconnecting each and seeing if it had a affect on the misfire it actually made it worse as it should. I've heard people talk about spark knock and decarbing not sure if this is the step I should take, but any help would be nice.

Side note another problem I had was with the MAF sensor or probably not with the sensor. I connect the sensor I hear a sort of pumping sound I disconnect the sensor I hear it no more. What could that be as well?

Any help is much appreciated been workin on this for awhile and its driving me crazy!

el lobo
04-23-2008, 02:40 AM
You may get a better response if you indicate the year of your car.
My misfires have always been a coil on plug boot.

1998 Mark VIII Collectors Addition

Goddard007
04-24-2008, 01:17 AM
its a 97...I changed the boots and connectors and plugs fuel filter and still no luck fixing the issue.

Towncar
04-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Not sure if the 97 coils can be swapped, but it's standard diagnosis practice to swap /em around to see it the fault follows the swap.

Goddard007
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
yeah I did that. No luck.

Towncar
04-25-2008, 11:19 AM
There was a guy at lincolnsonline with the same issue, his was at a specific RPM.. replaced everything.. no luck. Frustrated, he sold the car.

He had lots of help, many sound tests and recommendations.

Goddard007
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm thinkin its a compression problem...now I just need a good dvd or manual because I've never fixed something like this before....what could it be?

Towncar
04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
. ...now I just need a good dvd or manual... .

I have your FSM on my webpage.. follow my username..

Goddard007
04-26-2008, 11:00 PM
dude thats bad arse thanks bro....if you ever need some mirror for some of that stuff I'll put one up.

Towncar
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
...if you ever need some mirror for some of that stuff I'll put one up.

The traffic's been enormous lately.. I have all the originals, even some DVD's I can't host, but using megaupload doesn't cost me anything.. happy to help out.

Most of you folks were willing to help out when I needed it, just returning the favor.

dieseltechcv
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I have the same problem with my car, i actually see the code P0351 and P0353 i have replaced all, sensors (Cam and Crank) and wiring, uincluding coils, plugs and wires, i know computer works becuase i get the signal from the ground wires to colapse the primary circuits in the coils but still misses. I don't have COP but i'm i'm planing to go back to EDIS instead of DIS. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but its interesting to know that i'm not the only one that can't find the missing plugs. Its interesting becuase i got my car to work once, i don't know what happened it just work fine, and 20 minutes later it ran like crap, so before going for COP or EDIS i'll try swaping another ECU for the Mark VIII just to test it.

Add your comment to this topic!