SRT "bucked" when my boost kicked in...

tdocta
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
OK so today i was driving and when my boost kicked in at around 10psi my whole engine seemed to slam down and buck. it really freaked me out and i didnt engage the boost after that. anyone have any advice about what it might be. i called around and they said it could be the spark plugs or wires. I have changed my plugs recently, so I'm not sure if thats the case. this is really scary. i hope my boost isn't really damaged.

Turbodog97
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
My first guess would be your plugs. What type did you use and what did you gap them at when you installed them? I've always used Ngk iridiums gapped around .032. It could also be yours wires but I would most definitely try the plugs first.

tdocta
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I dont remember exactly what kind they were or the gap. I went to autozone yesterday and ordered ny plugs. im pretty sure they are the same as the ones you mentioned. ill get back and let you know if they work. thanks for the info.

Turbodog97
04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Make sure you gap them though. The people at autozone say they don't need to be gapped but that is a lie. If you ran at the gap they came with you would most definitely have problems.

Add your comment to this topic!