Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Range Rover turned off at a light,it wont crank over help!

b16Civic
03-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay heres the problem,I was going to the post office and while waiting at a light,my 1995 range rover 4.0 shut off, I then put it in park and tried to turn it on like normal and the starter tried to crank the engine over,but nothing,i tried again and nothing,the third time i tried, nothing happened,the starter dint not crank or anything,i checked my battery is good,

Lights and radio work great, because i turned on my lights then tried to turn on the engine and the lights did not fade.

So now im stumped because if the engine was running it couldnt be the starter because the starter is only used for starting right?

Other than that i think it might be the alternator,but if it is the alternator should it have killed the battery before the alternator went out?

Could it be the fuel pump? if so what are some of the sysmptom checks i could do to determine that?

hotrod213
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
hmm it could be the fuel pump. the car did have adequate gas right?

'97ventureowner
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!