Caliper finish options

Black99GST
03-15-2008, 12:04 PM
ok i have a set of brembo 4 pot and 2 pot calipers that i'm going to be putting on the DSM once i get all my other sh*t taken care of... however, they are all jacked up from brake fluid leaking on the red finish, so i'm going to refinish them, but i dont want to just paint them (unless that is how they already came) does anyone know brembos methods of "coloring" their calipers? or have any suggestions on how to get them to look like BRAND SPANKEN new again? i already know i want them red, and powdercoating is an option for me, but i dont want to put that much MORE money into the calipers if i can help it... unless its WELL worth it... any help on this would be great!

I was also thinking like Dupi-color ceramic paint, and maybe a coat or two of clear... but i still want them to say "BREMBO" on them... and the cheap "high temp vinal" stickers are not a option for me... unless anyone has had good experiences with them... the car is as always, street driven, so its not like the calipers will be heating to a rediculas temperature...

Black99GST
03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
no one knows?

SilvrEclipse
03-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Powdercoating would probably be the best option. I would just paint them though. They may not look exactly the same but they would still look good.

gthompson97
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
If it was me and I had a BBK worth $3000, I would call brembo and see how much it would cost for them to refinish them, if it's possible. It may cost $1000, or it may cost $200, or it may not be possible, but the phone call is free. Otherwise just paint them with high-temp bright red paint and put those Brembo stickers on, then clear over them. No one will know the difference, and they actually ARE Brembos, so it's fine.

david-b
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I would get them powdercoated. Actually going to do mine when I can find a pair for the front for real cheap.

SilvrEclipse
03-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I happen to have my old set of calipers I took off when I changed mine. I would recommend doing the GSX brake upgrade though.

JoeShmoe
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Otherwise just paint them with high-temp bright red paint and put those Brembo stickers on, then clear over them

I agree, that sounds like the best solution in case Brembo were not able to do something with them.

Black99GST
03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I happen to have my old set of calipers I took off when I changed mine. I would recommend doing the GSX brake upgrade though.
i have my AWD brakes for sale... remeber? anyone interested in the AWD brakes with Brembo rotors and axxis semi-metalic pads, pm me, i still got them (calipers are painted red and say "MITSUBISHI" on them in white) check out the F/S thread in the classifieds... these brakes were more then enough for stopping power, i just want the Beauty of the 4 piston brembos and the HUGH 13" rotors filling the inside of my BRAND NEW BBS's! ;)

Add your comment to this topic!