Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need a real bang for (a budget minded) buck

diecastmaniac1994
03-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I am looking into getting a second generation 300zx, and i really need some advice about how to upgrade it without winding up in a cardboard box. Info on cheap (in price not quality :)) parts would be great. Im more worried about cornering and weight loss than i am about speed (very few straight roads in my town:naughty:) info on were to get a good, but cheap paint job would be great to i think the car looks gorgous in Nissan Pearl White.

Things important to me...

Low weight (I subscribe to the Collin Chapman way of thinking)

Good handling

Cheap!!:grinyes:

Any tips would be greatly appreciated:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

BTW im not sure about this, is Z32 refering to second gen and vice versa?

Broke_as_****
03-14-2008, 03:17 AM
They're usually just referred to as a Z31 and Z32, as they are totally different cars in just about every respect.

Weight reduction. (http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=1316770)

Handling? First buy some good tires, everything else is kind of pointless until the rubber is up to par. After that some urethane bushings will meet the cheap requirement and stiffen up the suspension.

"Cheap" and "paint job" never mix well. If you can't find the color that you want and just have to have it painted wait until you have enough money for a proper paint job.

diecastmaniac1994
03-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the tips, great link!:) To bad about the paint job though, that will set me back.:banghead:

Broke_as_****
03-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Quality costs money. Search around your area for recommendation on a good paint shop and you might find some place that can do a good job within your budget.

DeleriousZ
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
bang for buck? go z31...

most of the time, equate most z32 owners to supra owners... they just throw money at the car until the problem fixes itself.

Broke_as_****
03-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Green looks good on a car D, not so much on humans.

DeleriousZ
03-26-2008, 01:38 AM
exactly, which is why my new dd is montana green! :p

Broke_as_****
03-26-2008, 03:22 AM
"Captain, I'm detecting trace amounts of Whoooooosh in this sector."

Add your comment to this topic!