Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

the 'broken wrench' light

signal01
03-01-2008, 02:02 PM
i have a 2007 jetta 5-spd. theres a warning light coming on and im not sure what it means. i tried searching, but honestly i dont know what to search for :l i looked in my manual, there is no such icon or explanation of what this is..

there is a light on the warning light panel that has come on, for about 3 weeks now, that looks like a little wrench that is broken in the middle. like i said its not in the manual and i dont know what it is warning me of, or why it showed up in the first place. the only thing i can relate it to is the little wrench icon thats on the extra 'valet' key that came with the set.. but i dont see what that would have to do with a warning light.

anyone have an answer or explanation? is this anything to worry about?

thanks in advance.. i apologize for any mistakes im making, im kinda new to this forum thing

veedubmechanic
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
sounds like the maintenence required light to me. Check the owners manual on how to reset, its not too hard. It comes on every 5k

signal01
03-01-2008, 05:42 PM
hmm alright well its worth a try. the manual shows 'Maintenance Required' as the maintenance required warning signal.. could have somethin to do with the 5k miles cuz im just about there. i did just get the oil changed a few weeks ago before a long road trip, maybe that has somethin to do with it?? i dont see any oil leaking thouhg but i'll double check. thanks for the quick response

intrigue98
03-19-2008, 04:32 PM
The little wrench is your service required light. You have to take to the dealer to have it reset. It should illuminate every 16,000kms or equivalent in miles if you live in the US. Inspection should be set to 180 days which equals 6 months.

Add your comment to this topic!