Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transmission swap

randanis
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
please I need some info I have a 93 ford bronco with a 5.0 it has an automatic overdrive trans with push button 4x4 and auto locking hubs it also has an overdrive off button on the shift lever my question is will an 89 electronic controlled overdrive transmission work in my 93 bronco.

wafrederick
03-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Probally not,Ford transmissions are mostly a year interchange.Check with an auto salvage yard that has a hollander,an interchange book for used auto parts.Is it the E4OD or AOD in the 1993.The E4OD has a bigger pan than the AOD

C. Cleve
03-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi, Actually my recomendation is to forget it, In the first place you do not seem to know what kind of auto o/d trans is in the vehicle, and next even if you try to swap, you also have the electronics to encounter, IE the processor and the input sensors from the trans itself, You are really asking for a job that is best suited for a completely equiped shop and a tech that's really UP on unusual conversions, And last but not least BIG bucks, Good Luck, from a retired ford trans tech....See Ya, Clay..

Add your comment to this topic!