Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heeeeeelp

Alphamalez32
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I tried to see if i was able to do a convertion to a VH engine but found it to be too expensive. I decided to try to fix my engine. As I was driving the car, I notice that everytime i came to a dead stop and tried to press on the gas to the floor the car hesitated and almost shut off. I continued to drive like this for a few days until a week ago as i was driving not even at 30 miles/hour the car kinda choke and shut off. the car will crank and turn on for atleast 5-10 seconds but then die. I was told that this could be that the car was flooded with gas but i pinch the hose and the same thing continues to happen. I wanted to know if any of you guys have any idea of what could be causing this problem. Any input are welcome, thank you for your time.

Hodo
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Dirty throttlebodies. Easy fix.... can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush you are not using. A 10mm wrench will come in handy too.

Disconnect your battery. Take your intake pipes off, open your throttlebodies with your hand and sprey with carb cleaner, take the toothbrush and brush your throttlebodies clean. They should look like a brushed steel pot on the inside so clean them.

freakonaleash1187
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Also, check for ECU codes. Here is a write-up on how to do it by yours truly.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/249406

Hodo
02-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Check the codes BEFORE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY.

Alphamalez32
03-07-2008, 02:30 AM
after cleaning the throtle, the problem persisted so i decided to take all the front covers from the engine. I found out that all my cams were out of timing. I don't know how but the lower pulley broke and the timing belt got loose but lucky enought that it didn't broke. The cams were each out of time by atleast 3 teeths. I don't know how but i was so lucky that none of my valves or anything else in the engine didn't bent nor broke. After i replaced the timing belt and lower idler the car just started like a champ. thanks for the replies guys.

Add your comment to this topic!