Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Redline vs. Tiburon with a secret!

TorchedStealth
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
This past weekend, me and 3 friends hopped in the redline and decided to cruise around because the weather was so nice. We drove on a common road for finding races, but found nothing willing to run. As we were about to give up we got behind a Tiburon, the nicest looking one I have ever seen. It was dark blue with black rims, lowered with exhaust by what we could tell. We pulled up next to it and the guy was by himself, so we had a little weight disadvantage. Anyways, as we got next to him in 3rd at 35mph, he took off out of nowhere, so I kind of messed up the drop but eventually got it into 2nd. He already had about 2 cars on us and he pulled one more before we stopped his pull. I shifted to 3rd a little early and didn’t pull any until the top of 3rd and very bottom of 4th at about 100, even then I only pulled back a few feet to half car length at most. We were coming up on some turns so we let off, but we followed him across a bridge and onto the interstate. When we got next to him we each gave each other a thumbs up and he pointed ahead knowing that I wanted to run again. The lanes merged and met with another part of the interstate so I waited to make sure no cars came, but wouldn’t you know it…right before we got to merge a car pulled out in front of me. So we had to let him go, maybe I will find him again with an open road and less people in the car. The thing that I found out later is what made me eager to run him again. I talked to my friend with the srt-4 and I explained the tib to him, and apparently he is friends with some people that know the owner…and it is supercharged! That made my night, and I’m glad I finally got a race worth my time, I just wish we would have taken off at the same time.

superman'd b18
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
nice race dude: sounds like the tib was kinda riced out, but the supercharger was definitelly a nice touch..... good run

TorchedStealth
02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
nice race dude: sounds like the tib was kinda riced out, but the supercharger was definitelly a nice touch..... good run

No it was very tastefully done...very clean looking. Im not a big tibby fan but i had to give this one props. It definately surprised me how well he did though, i didnt know he was supercharged right away cause my whine was louder:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!