Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Your Opinion Is NEEDED on how custom i can go

79Nova Kid
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I have a 79 Nova, I was wondering what your opinion is on me putting a purple LED undercar kit on it, along with interior LEDs. My car is now black with a set of Cragar SS on it. Im a sophmore in Highschool and this is my first car, i have many plans for it including: gunmetal gray paint, 45 series rear tires, 350, dual 3inch exhaust with cutouts, tinted windows, custom stereo with dual audio headunit and 5200watts of power in just the subwoofers. I already have a 4inch fiberglass cowl induction hood i just need to mold it in.

Your opinion on how custom i can go would be greatly appreciated and considered!!!!

79Nova Kid
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a 79 Nova, I was wondering what your opinion is on me putting a purple LED undercar kit on it, along with interior LEDs. My car is now black with a set of Cragar SS on it. Im a sophmore in Highschool and this is my first car, i have many plans for it including: gunmetal gray paint, 45 series rear tires, 350, dual 3inch exhaust with cutouts, tinted windows, custom stereo with dual audio headunit and 5200watts of power in just the subwoofers. I already have a 4inch fiberglass cowl induction hood i just need to mold it in.

Your opinion on how custom i can go would be greatly appreciated and considered!!!!

Just to let everyone know that I am NOT putting lights underneath my car!!! I have no idea wut i was thinkin~~

bobss396
02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
I'll tell you what I tell my own kids about fixing up their cars and what I've learned from personal experience.

Cops look out for young kids driving and to a point, they look to pick on them just to let them KNOW that they're being watched. Anything you do to your car will attract their attention. The more extreme the modifications, the more attention you'll get.

I had one fast electric blue '67 Impala SS that I had to sell because I was hassled so bad when I drove the car. I had lent it out to a friend that got chased by a cop and he lost the cop, but they never forget!

Bob

Dennis321
03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
You can go as crazy as you want to and can afford. To the point above, the more you do the more you'll be noticed by both those you want to notice and those you do not. So the first bit of advice is whatever you end up doing,don't drive aorund like a moron attracting unwanted attention. I'd dial down the audio system too, build a cool muscle car, not a rolling stereo show. There's no better music than the sound of a perfectly tuned V-8 running. Good luck to you with whatever you do.

wera
09-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I put a tiny hood scoop on my car to clear the carb, now i get crap for it all the time. my suggestion, if you care what others think. restore it nice. if you want a car that you can live with, do what YOU want if it looks good, keep it, if it don't ditch it. you have to live with it not them.

kecarguy
09-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Custom, New paint, clean interiror and a smooth motor. Thats enough to impress anyone.

kyle

Add your comment to this topic!