Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 JDM 300zx HELP!!

csmoot_213
01-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, your more then likely going to laugh at me.... this is my frist z car so dont be to hard. just got the car today and i cant figure out how to make heat blow through the normal vents tjhe ones that face you, all i can get is the air to blow through the window defrost vents if that makes cence.. so please help!

Broke_as_****
01-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Come with an owners manual?

The 90's had a weird totally auto climate control. I'm not familiar it's voodoo.

csmoot_213
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
yeah i cant figure it out..... the car wont even blow hot air, and the manual it came in was in japanese so no help there.... i even tryed searching online but cant find anything. any other ideas?

Hodo
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok I am lost here too.... What kind of climate control system does it have auto or manual?

If its Auto, then the car has to reach operating temp, before the climate control unit will let it blow out of the dash vents. It will blow out of the floor vents and the defrost first. If that doesnt change then you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the dash. Check all the lines to the climate control Module. Make sure none of them are split or cut. You will have to take apart your dash to do this. LOTS of phillips screws, dont lose them, most will go anywhere but if you lose one it will have a rattle from the dash area. Past that I cant tell you much other than the word sence, is not spelled "cence".

If it wont blow hot air. Try purging your coolant system, if you have air in your heater core it wont get hot. If it doesnt get hot you wont have heat. So try bleeding the air out of the coolant system.

Add your comment to this topic!