Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 taurus

cj091184
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
OK 94 taurus 3.8 engine axod trans sw.

I just replaced the transmission in this car with one from the junkyard, had 85000 on it, when I start it the first time each day it drags out first gear and occasionally has a rough kickdown 2-1 . when it shifts it has a light slip bump feel, this is the same thing that the oldone did except not nearly as bad, the old one did eventually stop working. The check engine light comes on every now and then and I got codes KOER 327, 536, 521, KOEO 335,337,326,327,452, most of theses are egr related exept for 452 is insufficent input from vss but the vss has no electrical conneter and the spedo works but that is the closest thing I thought could throw off the shift points. I think I'm going to replace the dpfe cause thats what 5 of 7 codes are related to, "dpfe" controls the egr valve" note- the check engine light goes off when you turn the car off, like it does not come back on when you restart. So do you think my trans problems are related to the codes or did I get another bunk trans? input is apreciated

Also as far as I can tell the MAF, IAC, TPS are all good egr does work as it passed state inspections, wich won't happen w/o egr.

slideways...
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
sounds like you got a transmission that isnt great. flush it and top it off, then see what happens. a VSS problem wouldnt cause a late or rough 1-2 shift.

Add your comment to this topic!