Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need some advice

CallmeIcanhelp
01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I bought a 1985 Nissan 300ZX. It's a 3.0 liter V-6, no turbo, Automatic Trans. There's a lot of things wrong with it. I need a wiring harness, a battery, a starter, a radiator, a water pump and some body work done. The fan also fell off and the pulley is really loose in the engine. There's also a bit of rust damage. Is this car worth restoring?

Hodo
01-09-2008, 03:05 AM
to most Z fans yes. But it will take alot of time, and money. Your biggest problem on that car is the rust. I would suggested tearing the car completely down and sanding off all the rust you can find. Get someone who can weld to weld in patches in the REALLY bad spots. Dont bondo it, please dont. The engine is easy enough, very easy engine to fix up and get running nice. The wiring harness might take some searching but I am sure you can find one. The Radiator, No sweat, you can find Z radiators a dime a dozen. Same for batteries. But depending on the price you paid and how much you want to put into it you can make a nice looking pretty quick Z31 out of it. But thats up to you. You could just restore it to factory spec and have a nice looking stock non-turbo automatic Z31. Both routes will cost about the same. But I think leaving it factory spec will be a bit cheaper because its already a non-turbo.

And welcome to the forums.

Add your comment to this topic!