Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new stereo install problems

karmacae
12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Ok, my factery stereo in my 94 Camaro was messing up bad, so I bought a new cd player. I connected all the wires as instructed and it wont turn on. I then re conected the old radio and it worked. Then a second time I connected the new stereo and it still wont turn on... am gonna cry.What am I doing wrong. Any help please!!!!!!!!:banghead:

wrightz28
12-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Follow your diagram(s) and make sure you're connecting the right power supply wires (one is battery hot at all times, the other hot key on [fused power] ).

philly rs
12-28-2007, 11:35 AM
i have a really good question 4 u...was your factory deck a bose system? if so it wont just plug and play, u will need to get other things to make it work..i had that same problem with my 96 rs.... had no clue wtf was going on till i had a friend at an audeo place hook it up for me and he explained what i needed and how he got it to work...u may wanna check into that

karmacae
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
it is a DELCO. I believe that is it. Thats the name on the back of the radio from the factory. I figured the new radio was defective, so I took it back to the store and got another cd player, different brand, and still am having the same problems. I am sure I am hooking the wires up right. I got the wire diagram from the net for my car. All the wires matched up except for the pink wire for the antenna. It had no pink wire in my car. The fuses have to be good, cuz they still power the oragonal radio...I even tried mounting the black ground wire to the underside of my dash...and it still dose not work..I am so lost on this..I never had this much trouble with a radio before.I must have music in the car...

1994 Chevrolet Camaro Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Constant Wire 12V+: Orange
Car Radio Switched Wire 12V+: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
Car Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: n/a
Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2″
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Dark Green
Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″
Rear Speakers Location: Side Panels
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Light Blue

wrightz28
12-28-2007, 03:22 PM
The pink antenae wire would be for a power antenae so that makes sense. I know myself have gotten ansy on a occasion or two and without verifying which was which, misrouted the two yellows, fo rno switched power, except direclty to the speaker :eek:

karmacae
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
now that would make since. I may verry well be confusing the two yellows. I will check them out and switch them around....I hope it works.. if it dont, I am gonna cry....Hubby has no clue either......

karmacae
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
nope tried to switch yellow wires, still nothing.....Philly, any clue what your friend did to get yours working. Does anyone know if auto zone or orileys installs radios. they are the nearest places to me without having to drive almost 3 hours...

muff34
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
no power at all, no clock nothing ? Try relocating your ground wire. You may also want to think about getting proper wiring harness from crutchfield .com

karmacae
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Ok, re routed a few wires in the dash, and now alot more than my radio works. Now several lights on the inside that I thaught were burned out mirrors, glove box, back seats ):smokin: , they work....ha ha ha ha....I am excited....thanks for the advice and help guys.......my frustration made a lot of stuff work that did not before...:bananasmi

muff34
12-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Ok, re routed a few wires in the dash, and now alot more than my radio works. Now several lights on the inside that I thaught were burned out mirrors, glove box, back seats ):smokin: , they work....ha ha ha ha....I am excited....thanks for the advice and help guys.......my frustration made a lot of stuff work that did not before...:bananasmiWell that`s good You got it working. The only Question in my mind is why was all this other stuff Not working before????? Electrical issues at some point in time and or someone who knew squat about what they were doing at the time . Hopefully you don`t have some other gremlins in there waiting to jump out and bite you. Try to remmeber what you did for future reference. Good Job .

philly rs
12-29-2007, 07:50 PM
hell yeah, im gald u got it working, i left my friend a message to call me so i could ask him but u got it b4 i came back lol....

karmacae
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
something else probably will come up and kick me in the ass, thats the story of my life, lol, But for now it works...thats all I know. thanks again for the info:)

Add your comment to this topic!