Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Got Boost? Want some?

CougarSVT
02-17-2003, 09:14 PM
If your interested in getting your 2.5L V6 Boosted please email me at luckybfor@hotmail.com. This kit just came out so id get in line now before they are booked. You can get in line w/ half the price of the kit which is $3800 and will give you 245fwhp!!!!! This is the best deal out there, cannot beat it anywhere, just try!

CougarSVT
02-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Full price of kit is $3800, you pay 1/2 now to get in line!!!

CougarSVT
03-29-2003, 08:28 AM
THIS IS ITSTURBO.NET Give Carson a call at (937)533-1730!!!! Time for a turbo boys!!!

beyondloadedSE
03-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Street Flight Inc. has already developed a full turbo kit for the contour/cougars. Im not sure if itsturbo.net is planning on using a front mount air/air IC, but it wont fit. Street Flight kit is $5000 and includes:

Garrett dual ball bearing T-28 turbo
Spearco water/air intercooler
Custom turbo manifolds and collector pipe
Water resevoir
Tial wastegate
Turbo XS blowoff valve
24lb injectors
K&N filter
All necessary piping, clamps etc.

I may have left out some stuff but that was off the top of my head. Email Keith at streetflight.com for more info.

On a stock svt, it made 292 fwhp and on a cougar it made 265 fwhp.

heres a picture of it on craig flangos widebody turbo cougar. for more info on the turbo check out www.contour.org.

http://domestic-compacts.com/nopi2002/images/28.jpg

CougarSVT
03-31-2003, 04:27 PM
You are speaking of James" car correct?? His motor is blown! I dont know who told you that a intercooler will not fit front mounted doesnt know what he/she is talking about! Itsturbo has a 19" air to air intercooler...front mounted on my cat!! Itsturbo has been around the block and i know they know what they are doing. Both kits are the same except the intercooler.....EXCEPT one is over $5000 and the other is $3800!! There shouldnt be that much of a difference. You cant use #'s from other peoples installs to inform them on how much HP they will get. Every car is different in how its setup...either by the flashed chip or how it was dyno tuned. Also if the piping on the turbo is ALL been coated(James' was not..just manifolds) in and out!! These little things play a big part in making some serious HP's!! Great consideration in how they make the turbo kit at Itsturbo is whats great!! They have a PERFECT record with NO complaints or blown motors from customers.

Please dont get me wrong..both kits a great...ones just $1200 cheaper!

beyondloadedSE
03-31-2003, 10:36 PM
only 3 people have the street flight turbo kit installed to date: Chris with an svt contour, Craig Flango and his cougar, and Anastazi with his svt contour. None of which have blown motors. I was mainly speaking for Contours when I made the statement for the intercooler, since the radiator is in the way and the fascia doesnt permit enough space.

Can you please give me everything the Itsturbo.net turbo kit inludes. Any pictures? And what kind of coating do u speak of?

Yes every car is setup up different, but with a STOCK svt except for the 3" Yodude exhaust, it put down 292 fwhp, nearly 40 more hp than the turbo kit your selling. Heck, even the sc'ed contours put anywhere from 270-290 fwhp for only $3200! I plan on putting down 350-380 fwhp with my 3.0L.

http://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/~jsecorsk/pasquales33.JPG Picture of Street Flight turbo kit minus intercooler (Total price is about $4000 since the intercooler is about a $1000 option)

CougarSVT
04-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Our turbo WILL have a front mounted intercooler. Whomever told you that aFM intercooler will not fit does not know what they are talking about. The kit is now projected to be finished by the end of May!! Production of the kit will start as soon as my cat is finished! Projected whp is 250hp....thats a stage 1. The kit will cost MUCH less than StreetFlights kit......hopefully by giving some competition the prices for the Contour/Cougar mod parts will go down!!:smoker2:

There is room for a front mounted intercooler on the Contour....easily!
The s/c from Vortech does not give out the hp your claiming...its actually 252fwhp(i looked it up)

StreetFlight does not get that much hp either...just curious where are
you getting your info??

Kit includes: T3 garret turbo, FM 18"air to air intercooler, 42lb injectors, inline fuel pump, custom programmed Pro-m Maf, also custom flashed chip, Tial wastegate, all custom exhaust manifolds and all hardware needed to install yourself, if installed by Itsturbo they dyno tune

beyondloadedSE
04-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by CougarSVT
[B]Our turbo WILL have a front mounted intercooler. Whomever told you that aFM intercooler will not fit does not know what they are talking about.There is room for a front mounted intercooler on the Contour....easily!

Im pretty sure Street Flight knows what they're talking about. Also, Stazi, one of the owners of the Street Flight Kit, and Mark Rowe, a vortech owner, have both tried to fit FMIC but there is just no room. Unless some sort of custom front fascia is fabricated, it's just not going to happen, unless you mount it like 2" off the ground underneath the radiator. :rolleyes:

The s/c from Vortech does not give out the hp your claiming...its actually 252fwhp(i looked it up)

heres a dyno plot of a guy off contour.org running the vortech kit. 278 fwhp and 205 fwtq. sorry for the blurry picture.
http://www.fototime.com/68C9AB27B6E39D0/standard.jpg

StreetFlight does not get that much hp either...just curious where are you getting your info??
craig flangos widebody cougar put down 265 fwhp. he has dyno plots on his website. Chris (Keyser) the test svt for street flight put down 292 fwhp at 9 psi with 93 octane.

CougarSVT
04-15-2003, 04:20 AM
Ah.....yes thats a already modded car w/ the s/c on it!! No prob!(speaking of the dyno chart)

No they dont know what they are talking about when it comes to the FMI....and i dont know why anyone would question me because i SAW them put a 19" intercooler in the front damn....period! Not to be a smart ass but i dont think they wanted to put the intercooler there for other reasons than just "wont fit"(streetFlight). Oh well....kits are designed different and i wont be surprised that the kit on my car doesnt beat StreetFlights kit.....seems to me ill have more!

beyondloadedSE
04-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CougarSVT
No they dont know what they are talking about when it comes to the FMI....and i dont know why anyone would question me because i SAW them put a 19" intercooler in the front damn....period

can you please take a picture of the FMI on the contour they are testing.

CougarSVT
04-15-2003, 05:31 PM
I'll call him right now....he should have a pic of the SVT!

CougarSVT
04-15-2003, 07:10 PM
No pic...he said "yes, no problem"!! Give him a ring if you want to hear him explain everything! (937)533-0067

beyondloadedSE
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
im still skeptic. read more here (http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turbo&Number=259557&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1)

CougarSVT
05-27-2003, 03:19 PM
FMI is now installed and they are running the tubing now for the intercooler!!

mikebayls
01-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in a turbo or supercharger for my 97 2.5l mondeo - thats a contour to you guys ;-)

This isnt for track or drag racing - just for fast road use so I'd be interested in knowing what you chaps think the best solution is. So far the only mods I've made to the engine are installing st200 (thats our version of the sportier contour) upper and lower inlet manifolds and throttle body.

My only concern is the bhp figures you chaps are quoting when I was under the belief that you cant really use more than 240 bhp in a front wheel drive car. Tell me why I'm mistaken.

beyondloadedSE
01-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in a turbo or supercharger for my 97 2.5l mondeo - thats a contour to you guys ;-)

This isnt for track or drag racing - just for fast road use so I'd be interested in knowing what you chaps think the best solution is. So far the only mods I've made to the engine are installing st200 (thats our version of the sportier contour) upper and lower inlet manifolds and throttle body.

My only concern is the bhp figures you chaps are quoting when I was under the belief that you cant really use more than 240 bhp in a front wheel drive car. Tell me why I'm mistaken.

Hmm...whats your reasoning behind that? I understand that your going to have some traction issues, but the svt/st200/st220 still have traction issues with just the standard 2.5L or 3.0L. Certainly, the more hp you add to a fwd vehicle, traction is going to become more limited from the start, but there is things to help maximize as much traction as possible such as lsd, filled motor mounts, torque strap, some high performance tires, etc. My friend in his fwd nissan maxima runs a 12.7 on his $55 econo-special tires and a 12.4 on drag radials. Hes putting down 476 fwhp and 501 fwtq.

mikebayls
01-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Hmm...whats your reasoning behind that?

Thanks for yr reply btw.
I suppose my reasoning was simply the traction issues you bring up. For fast road use you cant really use fwdmonster power and torque as the rear end feels like its on castors.

I suppose what I'm looking to achieve is quick 50-100mph times with the minimum number of modifications and maintenance required. Also minimum impact on normal everyday fuel economy. I thought maybe a turbo charger rather than a supercharger would do this as it doesnt seem to have much impact in the lower revs and isnt 'geared-in'.

I notice that you have a turbo waiting to go in (albeit a bigger block and I suspect yr goal is much higher than mine) so I'd be interested to know if you think I could get 250-275bhp with a sensible installation of the SF kit. What do you think the torque improvements would be for such a set-up?

Thanks.

mikebayls
01-19-2004, 01:19 PM
PS: I currently get 198 bhp at the flywheel

beyondloadedSE
01-19-2004, 07:58 PM
so I'd be interested to know if you think I could get 250-275bhp with a sensible installation of the SF kit. What do you think the torque improvements would be for such a set-up?

Thanks.

A stock svt motor with the addition of the street flight turbo kit and 3" Yo-dude catback dynoed at 292 whp and 275 wtq at 9 psi. Most of his dynos are in the 275 whp and 270 wtq with 7 psi. A non svt 2.5L motor puts out about 265 whp and 260 wtq at 7 psi. A 3.0L with 5.5 psi puts out 300 whp. :smokin:

mikebayls
01-19-2004, 11:13 PM
well - that sounds like just the ticket!
I think I will await with interest the outcome of your install before I shell out the bucks - meanwhile I wanna go find the others who already have it installed.

I think I'll see if i can organise a UK group-buy while im on! We're behind in the contour custom modding game. We've got some pretty fast RS200's though :-) (thats in the 10's to you :))

Thanks again

Cipsimpopsduh
01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi everybody. I just registered here, and this looks like a great forum. Very professional and friendly. Keep up the great work! I'm just an average city kid, currently i am attending the university of philadelphia and my name is Sam. Just wanted to say hello to you all i hope to have a great time here i guess!

Add your comment to this topic!