Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hehehe look what I found

Pages : [1] 2

italteen3
02-13-2003, 11:57 AM
I dont like vettes but im just tired off people everytime I mention a good Supercar they mention the Sledge or the 427TT. There nice cars and fast but not supercars I did have a good discussion with Scott02 and I dont want to get in an arguement but rather discuss like I did with Scott.

Check it out http://www.suprastore.com/lintwinc5vet.html :D :D :D

Shortbus
02-13-2003, 12:11 PM
I will allow this in here as long as people don't get carried away, with flames ect.

So a supra turbo beat a c5 vette.
<font size=5><font color=red>So What</font>

bowtiebandit
02-13-2003, 01:07 PM
At any given time on any given day anything can happen. Personally I can't stand rice burners but you have to be impressed with what they can accomplish. Putting down one brand or another only means you do not fully appreciate cars in general.

italteen3
02-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by John
I will allow this in here as long as people don't get carried away, with flames ect.

So a supra turbo beat a c5 vette.
<font size=5><font color=red>So What</font>

thats fine and thats wht I wanted to do to discuss this topic. You go into a forum Im talking about the new Veryon and some1 always has to go Sledgehammer or 427TT. That just pisses me off so you know what Im gonna say Titan Supra when some1 says one of the 2 cars.

And Bowtie if I dont like Corvettes and I put down your 427TT means I dont appreciate cars whoa you need to listen to what your saying. If I did not appreciate cars in general I would not be going to these forums... I just dislike Vettes but you dont like rice burners so I guess you dont appreciate cars huh? no Im guessing you do obviously but I just wanted to make those annoying people, who always bring up the damn vette, shutup. I think it is an amazing automobile but I just dont like it.

DeViL
02-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Personally I don't care about supercars at all. McLarens, Twin turbo billion hp Corvettes by Lingenfelter, all that is nice and everything but you can't afford that stuff. The prices start getting way out of hand, very few people in the world own them, and to me they just appear to be another concept.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
02-13-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DeViL
Personally I don't care about supercars at all. McLarens, Twin turbo billion hp Corvettes by Lingenfelter, all that is nice and everything but you can't afford that stuff. The prices start getting way out of hand, very few people in the world own them, and to me they just appear to be another concept.

You have to appreciate supercars. They are one of the most important groups of the car tree (ricers at the bottom :devil: ). The prices are out of hand, but they are hand-built quality engineering. And because only a handful of people can afford them, that makes them rara and even more of a pleasure to see one. Without supercars, all cars around the world would just be "normal", and most of them boring. You have to appreciate supercars. Saying that they are not amazing is like saying muscle cars weren't important in the evolution of the automobile. Even if you do not care for them, you must call a spade a spade, and say that they are all works of art.

bowtiebandit
02-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by italteen3

thats fine and thats wht I wanted to do to discuss this topic. You go into a forum Im talking about the new Veryon and some1 always has to go Sledgehammer or 427TT. That just pisses me off so you know what Im gonna say Titan Supra when some1 says one of the 2 cars.

And Bowtie if I dont like Corvettes and I put down your 427TT means I dont appreciate cars whoa you need to listen to what your saying. If I did not appreciate cars in general I would not be going to these forums... I just dislike Vettes but you dont like rice burners so I guess you dont appreciate cars huh? no Im guessing you do obviously but I just wanted to make those annoying people, who always bring up the damn vette, shutup. I think it is an amazing automobile but I just dont like it.

I wasn't directing that at you, but you made my point. Just about every car has it's place. I respect the Metro for being able to give 50 miles to gallon and fill a void for cost effective transportation. My point was everyone has their favorites and will be biased to some degree or another and slamming another one's opinions seems pointless. It's all in what you want from a car. I like Vette's, I work on them day in day out, never worked on a Supra but I know they are a force to be reckoned with but I'm not gonna be negative about them

v10_viper
02-13-2003, 09:37 PM
I'd like to state this first and make it clear, I love both the Vette and Supra!!

I still dont think the Supra is necessarily faster than the Ling. TT, didn't it run and 8.95 lately and is still being pushed farther?? No doubt I bet the Supra could also go faster but for some of us that like it is because it's a Muscle car, small block engine's are just sweet as hell. But Supra's are also a very fast car with they're inline sixes, I"m not saying the're not, I'd personally like to see full racing specs of both these cars and lap times before we say which is better than the other.

DeViL
02-13-2003, 10:38 PM
How would they seem boring? A 350 hp Corvette is anything but boring, same goes for the 03 Cobra and 01 Cobra, Cobra R, Viper, I mean the list goes on of cars that are fun to drive. They don't even have to be the most powerful either.

I appreciate the supercars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, what I was talking about though that I don't care for are the high horsepower tuned cars. Like the Venom Vipers, Lingenfelter Corvette, that high powered Supra. They're power is impressive but I just don't like talking about them. Usually arguements will come up about well this supercar is better then this supercar, and they just sound lame.

italteen3
02-14-2003, 01:34 PM
How would they seem boring? A 350 hp Corvette is anything but boring, same goes for the 03 Cobra and 01 Cobra, Cobra R, Viper, I mean the list goes on of cars that are fun to drive. They don't even have to be the most powerful either.

I appreciate the supercars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, what I was talking about though that I don't care for are the high horsepower tuned cars. Like the Venom Vipers, Lingenfelter Corvette, that high powered Supra. They're power is impressive but I just don't like talking about them. Usually arguements will come up about well this supercar is better then this supercar, and they just sound lame.

I know exactly what you mean man but I just needed to get back at the people who talk about the Vette all the time. I more then appreciate the Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. because those are true supercars that were put into production and not high end souped up cars.

And this 427TT ran an 8.95 on all street legal stuff?

hakka
02-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Yes, an 8.95 on DOT streets, with a full leather interior, AC, CD player, etc. Supra's put down some pretty impressive numbers, but they're dyno queens. For some reason (unknown to me) they can't seem to put down the power very well. How many street legal Supras do you know of running 8s?

Why wouldn't you consider the Lingenfelter a supercar? Its handbuilt in limited quantities, with a pricetag in the supercar range, more than enough power, a reworked suspension, etc. People generally consider european tuner cars, such as TechArt and Gembella Porsches or Hamann and AC Schnitzer Bimmers to be supercars, so why not the Vette? This guy's homebuilt T66 is not a supercar, for the same reason that any homebuilt car is not considered a supercar. A Veilsde or HKS car, however, I would consider a supercar.

italteen3
02-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by hakka
Yes, an 8.95 on DOT streets, with a full leather interior, AC, CD player, etc. Supra's put down some pretty impressive numbers, but they're dyno queens. For some reason (unknown to me) they can't seem to put down the power very well. How many street legal Supras do you know of running 8s?

Why wouldn't you consider the Lingenfelter a supercar? Its handbuilt in limited quantities, with a pricetag in the supercar range, more than enough power, a reworked suspension, etc. People generally consider european tuner cars, such as TechArt and Gembella Porsches or Hamann and AC Schnitzer Bimmers to be supercars, so why not the Vette? This guy's homebuilt T66 is not a supercar, for the same reason that any homebuilt car is not considered a supercar. A Veilsde or HKS car, however, I would consider a supercar.

Not bad thats actually pretty damn fast 8.95 but I think that Titan Supra ran mid to high 8's Im not positive so dont go crazy and you got a link or any proof of this 8.95 just so I can check it out. Well I guess you would have to talk to some very high up auto guy on what is considered a Supercar and what isnt. My guess of it not being considered a Supercar is production number and stuff like that.

You know how reliable the 427TT is though with all that tuning like could I drive like a Lambo everyday and not have a problem?

hakka
02-14-2003, 09:20 PM
you'll have many more problems with Lambos than with the Lingenfelter. The reason they don't run crazy amounts of boost on their cars is because of the reliability issue. I believe they are running 8-10 lbs. on the 427TTs. Without altering the boost, Lingenfelter offers a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty. If you up the boost, you'll be pushing over 900hp at the crank, but without your warranty.

hakka
02-14-2003, 09:24 PM
forgot about the video link...go to www.racingflix.com then go to the drag racing section, near the bottom of the page is a download for it

DeViL
02-14-2003, 11:25 PM
How many street legal Supras do you know of running 8s?
Man that can go either way. You know of any Corvettes in your area running 8's street legally? I sure as hell don't.

427TT bah, I'd rather have an L-88 427.

italteen3
02-15-2003, 09:27 AM

Man that can go either way. You know of any Corvettes in your area running 8's street legally? I sure as hell don't.

427TT bah, I'd rather have an L-88 427.

Thankyou man lol how many Vettes I know (street legal) running 8's 1 thats it...

and I'm guessing the 427TT that ran that 8.95 had the boost up so it was able to run and snag that 8.95. Theres no way on 8-10 lbs its gonna run 8.95 with what around 500-650 HP I doubt it. but dont jump down my throat man Im not 100% positive

hakka
02-15-2003, 01:37 PM
This is the only one that I know of running 8s...I was just curious about the Supras, I wasn't aware of any. No, the 427TT did not have the boost turned up. This is the car Lingenfelter is using to establish the numbers it puts out for PR. Its still under warranty.

A 427TT running stock boost is putting out over 850hp from what I've heard. A N/A 427 is probably making between 500 and 600 hp...after all, its using the same block that the C5-R uses, but detuned for street use. The C5-R makes 620hp in race form, but it is running restrictors that the street 427 isn't.

italteen3
02-15-2003, 02:45 PM
This is the only one that I know of running 8s...I was just curious about the Supras, I wasn't aware of any. No, the 427TT did not have the boost turned up. This is the car Lingenfelter is using to establish the numbers it puts out for PR. Its still under warranty.

A 427TT running stock boost is putting out over 850hp from what I've heard. A N/A 427 is probably making between 500 and 600 hp...after all, its using the same block that the C5-R uses, but detuned for street use. The C5-R makes 620hp in race form, but it is running restrictors that the street 427 isn't.

Ok so Lingenfelter puts more pounds of boost on whats the 427TT gonna run. I just find it a little odd that it runs in the 8's and it is still lstreet legal. And if the C5-r is running restrictors and the 427 isnt how is it street legal?

hakka
02-15-2003, 06:38 PM
I have no idea what it would run with more boost. Aren't some Supras running over 30 lbs of boost and pushing 1000 hp? I imagine the lingenfelter would have more power than this, due to the fact that it has more than double the displacement. This would probably equate to low-mid 8s with a much higher trap speed (with much more power than it already has, traction would become an issue.)

The restrictors have nothing to do with it being DOT certified, the restrictors are used to legalize it in the American Le Mans series under the regulations. They restrict it in order to equalize competition.

By removing the restrictors, the 427 would gain power. It would also lose power in order to make it street legal and reliable by adding a restrictive exhaust system, lowering compression, retarding timing, etc. Basically its a trade off.

italteen3
02-17-2003, 12:35 PM
I have no idea what it would run with more boost. Aren't some Supras running over 30 lbs of boost and pushing 1000 hp? I imagine the lingenfelter would have more power than this, due to the fact that it has more than double the displacement. This would probably equate to low-mid 8s with a much higher trap speed (with much more power than it already has, traction would become an issue.)

The restrictors have nothing to do with it being DOT certified, the restrictors are used to legalize it in the American Le Mans series under the regulations. They restrict it in order to equalize competition.

By removing the restrictors, the 427 would gain power. It would also lose power in order to make it street legal and reliable by adding a restrictive exhaust system, lowering compression, retarding timing, etc. Basically its a trade off.

So I doubt it was street legal running 8.95...

hakka
02-17-2003, 02:33 PM
why do you say this? it has a full interior, meets emission and safety standards, and has DOT streets. It is street legal.

bk2kmax
02-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by bowtiebandit
At any given time on any given day anything can happen. Personally I can't stand rice burners but you have to be impressed with what they can accomplish. Putting down one brand or another only means you do not fully appreciate cars in general.

Damn talking about doubletalk, you say on one hand you can't stand RICEBURNERS and then you say PUTTING DOWN ONE BRAND OR ANOTHER ONLY MEANS YOU DO NOT FULLY APPRECIATE CARS IN GENERAL.

Isn't this what you just did by calling Japanese cars "RICEBURNERS"?

Talking about a superiority complex, shees stop hating and contradicting yourself at the same time.
You sound like one of those "I drive a Corvette so I'm better than everybody guys", very hypocritical don't you think.

Shortbus
02-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Damn talking about doubletalk, you say on one hand you can't stand RICEBURNERS and then you say PUTTING DOWN ONE BRAND OR ANOTHER ONLY MEANS YOU DO NOT FULLY APPRECIATE CARS IN GENERAL.

Isn't this what you just did by calling Japanese cars "RICEBURNERS"?

Talking about a superiority complex, shees stop hating and contradicting yourself at the same time.
You sound like one of those "I drive a Corvette so I'm better than everybody guys", very hypocritical don't you think.

He didn't put them down, he just stated his opinion, did'nt you finish reading where he says but you have to be impressed with what they(imports) can accomplish

bowtiebandit
02-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Geeez..let me rephrase... they are not my car of choice. Didnt know I'd ruffle so many feathers..sorry.

bk2kmax I don't hate any vehicles except the ones that aren't taken care of but thats another story. I do not drive a Corvette nor do I want to, I get to drive them all day long. And if you really want to know I have a 01 Cav and an 01 S10 Blazer, and a 90 S10 pickup.
I prefer "old" cars to the new ones for my horsepower.

v10_viper
02-17-2003, 07:52 PM

Yes, and this is where i get pissed off at LeMans regulations. Where is there a Corvette coming out with a 427?? No where. The M3 put a V-8 in it and they got screwed just because they were winning. The Vipers had to get detuned also because they were winning. Pure bullshit, pure bullshit man. I hate it.

DeViL
02-17-2003, 10:06 PM
I don't know what race it was but wasn't there a race where the Viper was forced to go with a V8 cuz the V10 was kicking too much ass? What V8 did they go with anyways, the hemi?

hakka
02-18-2003, 06:32 PM
He was just saying that they have to restrict the V-10, not transplant a V8.

V10...how fair is it to allow someone to run an 8 liter engine and someone else be forced to run a 5.7 liter, but both can be the same weight? Who do you think will win every time. The 427 is not a completely new engine, either, just a modified version of the standard small block. Rules call for production based engines with displacements less than 8., which the 427 is. How many Vipers are running around with full carbon fiber bodies and racing coil-overs at all four corners?

I think that the M3 should have been booted....they never built the M3 CSL that it was based on, which they claimed would be built. I don't see any reason why the current engine layout in the M3 couldn't be made competetive, after all, the Porsche flat 6 is. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more competition, but they should all play by the same rules.

bk2kmax
02-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bowtiebandit
Geeez..let me rephrase... they are not my car of choice. Didnt know I'd ruffle so many feathers..sorry.

bk2kmax I don't hate any vehicles except the ones that aren't taken care of but thats another story. I do not drive a Corvette nor do I want to, I get to drive them all day long. And if you really want to know I have a 01 Cav and an 01 S10 Blazer, and a 90 S10 pickup.
I prefer "old" cars to the new ones for my horsepower.

Okay, so what does the term or racist name "RICERBURNER" mean? Is that not a slang term for Japanese vehicles, IMO it is a sign of discontent no matter what you may say.

It's just like calling an Asian a "Slanteye" or something that demeans or puts down someone or something because it's different or not what you think is the best.

I understand it's not your car of choice (since it's obvious you generalized every Japanese car by saying "IT") by saying "RICEBURNERS".

I'm not trying to start anything as far as an argument, it's just like someone was saying at the BMW Forum that every Japanese car is a Ricer<not really knowing what that term means even to those of us who own Japanese vehicles.

I love Corvettes that's why I visit this forum, I've always loved them and I have a healthy enough respect for them not to put them down in no way, shape, form or fashion.

Why can't anyone who drives a non American or in this case a Japanese car get the same respect by not using negative connotative words to describe the makes of cars that you are talking about?

v10_viper
02-18-2003, 07:35 PM
He was just saying that they have to restrict the V-10, not transplant a V8.

V10...how fair is it to allow someone to run an 8 liter engine and someone else be forced to run a 5.7 liter, but both can be the same weight? Who do you think will win every time. The 427 is not a completely new engine, either, just a modified version of the standard small block. Rules call for production based engines with displacements less than 8., which the 427 is. How many Vipers are running around with full carbon fiber bodies and racing coil-overs at all four corners?

I think that the M3 should have been booted....they never built the M3 CSL that it was based on, which they claimed would be built. I don't see any reason why the current engine layout in the M3 couldn't be made competetive, after all, the Porsche flat 6 is. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see more competition, but they should all play by the same rules.

8 Litre maximum displacement?? There go thoughts for the new Competiton Coupe to be in GTS classes. I dont think you should necessarily bring fair up, look at the Porsche, they kick ass with what, a 3.6 litre?? And the M3, I loved that car, I was more hoping they'd produce it so that it could race. I thought that was a pretty impressive car.

bowtiebandit
02-18-2003, 09:40 PM

Okay, so what does the term or racist name "RICERBURNER" mean? Is that not a slang term for Japanese vehicles, IMO it is a sign of discontent no matter what you may say.

It's just like calling an Asian a "Slanteye" or something that demeans or puts down someone or something because it's different or not what you think is the best.

I understand it's not your car of choice (since it's obvious you generalized every Japanese car by saying "IT") by saying "RICEBURNERS".

I'm not trying to start anything as far as an argument, it's just like someone was saying at the BMW Forum that every Japanese car is a Ricer<not really knowing what that term means even to those of us who own Japanese vehicles.

I love Corvettes that's why I visit this forum, I've always loved them and I have a healthy enough respect for them not to put them down in no way, shape, form or fashion.

Why can't anyone who drives a non American or in this case a Japanese car get the same respect by not using negative connotative words to describe the makes of cars that you are talking about?

If I thought it was demeaning or racist I wouldnt have said it. It's you opinion as you said, your entitled to that. As for respect, I never said I didn't have that in fact I believe I said I did. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone by that remark. Around here thats what they are called, including the guys that run them.

Shortbus
02-18-2003, 10:21 PM

I belive he had already apologized (which I did not think neccesary) and you are the one who brought up the term racist here.

hakka
02-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by v10_viper

8 Litre maximum displacement?? There go thoughts for the new Competiton Coupe to be in GTS classes. I dont think you should necessarily bring fair up, look at the Porsche, they kick ass with what, a 3.6 litre?? And the M3, I loved that car, I was more hoping they'd produce it so that it could race. I thought that was a pretty impressive car.

Yeah, that would have been awesome had they made it. It doesn't seem too hard either, they could have just dropped in the M5 engine, right?:confused:

v10_viper
02-19-2003, 04:10 PM

Yeah, that would have been awesome had they made it. It doesn't seem too hard either, they could have just dropped in the M5 engine, right?:confused:

The on in the M3GTR was only a 4.0 litre but the M5's would work spectacularly. The 4.0 Litre made around 450 hp and 350 lb-ft torque.

Pick
02-23-2003, 09:34 AM

How olds are you? Do you drive? Have you ever driven a Corvette?

Pick
02-23-2003, 09:35 AM
I dont like vettes but im just tired off people everytime I mention a good Supercar they mention the Sledge or the 427TT. There nice cars and fast but not supercars I did have a good discussion with Scott02 and I dont want to get in an arguement but rather discuss like I did with Scott.

Check it out http://www.suprastore.com/lintwinc5vet.html :D :D :D

You're a freaking newbie. Get the hell off of here.

themodelkid
03-25-2003, 06:03 PM
And this is getting a little bit out of hand, so i think everyone needs to calm down, even though this sorta old. lol

Shortbus
03-25-2003, 07:38 PM
I have seen worse but let's keep this one friendly and open mmmkayy:toothless

DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Supra650RSP
03-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Umm, interesting subject we have here.

First, how are we defining Supercar since we seem to have come way off topic. Personally, I don't consider my Supra a supercar but I know a lot of people have called it that.

Secondly, At least 2 Supras have broken well into the 8's just not consistantly. I personally know of one being built that may be the third car into the 8's and as of now...he still has the a/c and radio. Can't tell you anymore than that.

Thirdly, Yes, we Supra owners are indeed " Dyno-Queens". But hell, that's what makes us fun. And although we struggle getting the suckers to hook up on DOT tires it allows us to at least brag a little, on the Dyno at least.

Finally, I like Corvettes. My mom has owned numerous Corvette's and I drove two of them while she had one. She is considering the purchase of another one even now. But she and I will be the first to admit. For the same price it would cost to buy her ZO6., We could build yet another bad-ass Supra that'll give it a run for it's money...in all catagories

italteen3
03-26-2003, 10:31 AM
pick please dont start. And why because I dont drive yet nor have I driven a vette makes me a newbie cuz I have less posts then you? Ive been hre longer then you...

Any1 way well maybe I am a newb cuz I dont know much about the 427TT and Im not a gear head (yet) and Hakka was nice and maturely debated the topic with me thanks Hakka. Supra650RSP thankyou thats what I was saying basically what is a supercar. I dont think the 427TT is a supercar nor your Supra. There both fast as hell but IMO I cant stand the 427TT and just wish when I talk about true "supercars" that no1 brings up a souped up car.

AmErIcAnMuScLe813
03-27-2003, 05:42 PM
There is obviously something wrong with that corvette which indeed should put out 650hp on the dyno.

jak112460
06-09-2003, 11:29 PM
How much more is left in that Supra? I'm willing to bet that the Supra is all that it can be. I know the Vette has more power available. I will have my supercharged 427 ZO6 finished in about a month. I'm putting my ass on the line now and saying that my car will have 650RWHP on tap with more available. It just comes down to cubes. At some point that little Supra engine is going to be maxed out. I really hate when someone comes in and implies, because it cost them less to make the same horsepower, their car is somehow better. The Supra has not even been available in this country for several years and the Corvette is still here. Frankly Lingenfelter makes nice stuff but his prices are high and he puts out concervative stuff. I know that twin Turbo Vette has more horsepower on tap. Lingenfelter is concerned about reliability and thus his projects are toned down some with that in mind. I'll post my dyno numbers once my project is done. :biggrin:

bk2kmax
06-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Can't wait to see your car and some dyno results and you're right Lingenfelter does care enough about his car's reliability and that is the reason he won't really unleash the beast.

I believe I either heard or read somewhere that he has his own personal car with power and torque so insane that he wouldn't even bother to tell anyone what he was really running under the hood.

That whatever it is he is driving has got to be sick and I'm certain he could give a rats @$$ about what kinda reliability he'll get out of his personal car.

Good luck with the car.

L88srule
10-12-2003, 01:31 PM

ok well then if you just dont like it just shut up i dont go to rice burner ( wanna be real cars ) rooms and say how much i just dislike them you dont like vettes stay out of the vette chat rooms

Shortbus
10-12-2003, 02:14 PM
ok well then if you just dont like it just shut up i dont go to rice burner ( wanna be real cars ) rooms and say how much i just dislike them you dont like vettes stay out of the vette chat rooms

Hey Welcome to AF! I see your from Scottsdale. Nice to see another Arizonan in here.

italteen3
10-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Japanese cars arent real?!? Whoa I was driving in one the other days hmmm must of been my imagination....

And if you would learn how to read I didnt come in hear boasting about how much I hate the car. What my real issue was people bragging about how it could beat this, this and this when it is a "souped" car not a true "supercar". My goal was to try and prevent annoying little 12 year olds going into every room talking trash.

Why cant we discuss it maturely...

Kurtdg19
10-26-2003, 10:24 AM
One thing I can't understand about supercars is, how can you call such a car a supercar when you can go mod the hell out of a supra/vette, and bye bye supercar. Doesn't seem very "super" to me when its getting its ass kicked by a 60k supra. Anyway what constitutes a "supercar" anyways? Is it mere production numbers allocated for a car that can outperform almost any stock "non-supercar". I'm not to sure on the definition of a supercar. Or is it an attempt for the motor vehicle industry to produce the fastest, best handling, and comfortable sports car?
I'm sure most of you would probably agree that a McClaren, S7, Enzo, could be considered a supercar. Why other than pure acknowledgment of knowing that you have a supercar that cost 1/2 a million, would you spend that much money on a car that you could just as easily do the same to most other stock sports cars for a fraction of the cost? Or could it perhaps be a conspiracy of the rich (hehe im just jk).
But anywho, I also wanted to know how reliable a 900hp supra is. I couldn't imagine a 3 liter 6cyl. going much past 50k if at all, plus the turbos. Its just to much heat for a engine that small to push 900hp reliably and consistently. Unfortunatly i see a possible engine/turbo swap in the mere furture, hell i see supra engines on ebay all the time. Maybe that means somthing, I dont know, does anyone have any info about this?

italteen3
10-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Kurt why cant every1 else discuss it like you???

Anyway I think a supercar by definition has to have production numbers and not a souped up version of an existing supercar whether it be a vette or koenig ferrari. Although there are plenty of cars out there that can easily beat supercars they just are not the same thing.

vette boy02
10-30-2003, 05:49 PM
guys im really tired of hearin about supras as much as u tired of being insulted that an ol 80s sledge hammer vette can ream the hell out of a mega farting car. WE ALL KNOW THE VETTE KILLS MOST IF NOT ALL SUPRAS. i dont know why ppl keep bringin up old supras for. they should compair the 427tt against somthin worth while like a grand prix car lol.

vette boy02
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
i just got a chance to look at that supra site and maybe they try not to use the cheepest and least powerful lingenfelter getting beaten by a supra why the hell wasnt the good vette ( stage5 tt) racing..................... the answer cuz it is bad for buisness to talk shit and then cant back it.

italteen3
10-30-2003, 07:45 PM
You missed the point vette boy. The point was to maybe try and stop the annoying blabbing about vettes... I just used the Supra as an example. And yes I am just as annoyed as you about the supra/vette thing.

See a stock F50(supercar) can kill a stock Z06(supercar). Now I know of maybe two or three souped up supercars that can beat the 427TT. Im not talking just a straight either, track,etc.

I dunno about a Grand Prix car but I get the idea :biggrin:

hiphophomer
10-30-2003, 08:48 PM
you really really really are fucking retarded..f50=aprox.$500,000 and stilll price may rise on rarity z06=$50,000 go try to pay for a f50... two different things for 2 different prices....you really dont knwo jack shit about cars do you...?just leave, or if you think your rich buy an f50 for $500,000 then race a z06 with $450,000 worth of upgrades....same price in total and i dont think you will have a chance though, anywasy if the z06 had $50,000-$100,000 worth of upgrades from lpe you will still lose so just shut up and get the f*** outta here :loser:

italteen3
10-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Wow learn how to read! :icon16:

Why not atleast discuss before flaming like an immature little kid...

You are right that they are two different things, in a price perspective, but both are supercars, or does the F50 suck and Z06 not beat some vipers?!? Just making a comparison of performance not price, manufacture, etc.

Listen lets end this please... I guess the point I was trying to make was not getting across too well. For those of you who understood and discussed this like real people thanks.

Kurtdg19
10-31-2003, 10:22 AM
you really dont knwo jack shit about cars do you...?just leave, or if you think your rich buy an f50 for $500,000 then race a z06 with $450,000 worth of upgrades....same price in total and i dont think you will have a chance though, anywasy if the z06 had $50,000-$100,000 worth of upgrades from lpe you will still lose so just shut up and get the f*** outta here :loser:

I don't think you know what your talking about. Where do you come to the conslusion that a 50k Z06 with 450k in mods will not have a chance? Just as a 50k Z06 plus 50-100k of upgrades will still get you nowhere? Put 10k in the Vette and you'll probably be really really lucky if the F50 can still even see its taillights in any event. I think you seriously need to get your facts straight, an F50 isn't a far better performer than a Z06. I agree both stock, the F50 will outperform a Z06, but not by a marginal amount. The Z06 will be behind it the entire race, the F50 will get it mainly on the straightaways.

And who keeps saying a Z06 is a supercar? Its a standard production car, nothing super about that. An F50 is a supercar.

And I agree italteen, theirs only but a handful of people who actually posted a post that corresponded with the topic of this thread. Mines will close it to prevent more confusion.

vette boy02
10-31-2003, 04:25 PM
k this time im not gunna lite a fuse to hatred lol. all i have to say is i agree with what aot of the posts said. but guys ya gotta keep somthin in mind there is always a better car somwhere. you also must keep in mind a 6 cylinder cannaot not beat an 8 when both are fully tuned it is not possable.what is also not possable is put 450k into a vette and for that matter any other car. and further more compair apples to oranges (vette to f50)

italteen3
10-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Yes thankyou Kurt, again. I do doubt the F50 only beating Z06 on straights when the F50 is meant solely for road courses, tracks, etc. Only 10K in Z06 and F50 barely seeing taillights?!? Im just sceptic.

yes lets end this now...

Kurtdg19
11-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Yes thankyou Kurt, again. I do doubt the F50 only beating Z06 on straights when the F50 is meant solely for road courses, tracks, etc. Only 10K in Z06 and F50 barely seeing taillights?!? Im just sceptic.
yes lets end this now...

Your right, I also wouldn't think 10k investment in a Z06 will blow a F50 away, I was just trying to make a point. 10k investment in a Z06 will easily be able to stay with the F50, it would be a good race. It would probably make it a considerably fairer (if thats a word) race than bone stock of both. An F50 would rape a bone stock Z06 :) The F50 is arguably the best Ferrari produced given the time it was produced.

VenomInMyVeins
11-10-2003, 04:47 AM
I'm comming in at the tail-end of this discussion, but I'm seein something that's in every other sports car forum. We all need to realize the difference between exotica, supertuned, racing tuned, and sports cars.
There are reasons why exotic cars are so expensive. Legacy, Craftmanship, rarity, and style. Yes there are other cars that may be faster, but the people that own these cars bought them for a reason, whether it be to boost their social status, or because they have been a die hard fan of companies such as bugatti and ferrari since the old days of open air roadster races.
There is a reason why supertuned dyno queen cars we always hear about 1/4 mile and nothing else. That's what we're hearing about as far as the 427TT and the Titan Supra. Put these 2 cars in a road race and their power will be too great for the purpose and will be too unpractical. They are meant to dominate the road (I'm gonna go fast and furious on you all!) "One quarter mile at a time" :smile: sorry.. couldn't help it!
Racing tuned cars... well do I need to go into this one? whether it be a daily driver that someone races on the weekends, or a true non-streetlegal racing car it's designed for racing not for 1/4 mile times or for gas mileage.
Sports cars are completely daily drivers intended to please the person that drives them at a price that won't force them to take out 3 more mortgages on their house. What about the supra as mentioned earlier. It's one of japan's most modifiable daily drivers, but still sports car. To some people modifying a car is half the fun of owning it. But let's look at the vette... who in their right mind would take their z06, or a viper, or even a C5 to work everyday, drive it to the bowling alley, take their kids to school in it. ya know? that's where I think subaru's sti, mits' evo 8, and mustang's cobra all have the other's beat. It's a sports car with family values.

Every car has a specific market value, and we can't go into this sports car vs super car vs exotica thing... I'm gettin sick of these newbs :nutkick: that are constantly comparing ricers to muscle cars to sports to exoticas. Everything has a following for a specific reason... and I'm spent

vette boy02
11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
finally!!!! someone else who relizes this. you cannot compair a super exic against a super tuner against a super ricer. it goes in a loop if u compair the original vette to an f50 it looses, vette lover like myself then say well its 500k more. so then we tune it so it woops the f50s ass, then the ferrari lover say well thas not fair give me 20k to do my f50.

vette boy02
11-11-2003, 04:57 PM
finally!!!! someone else who relizes this. you cannot compair a super exic against a super tuner against a super ricer. it goes in a loop if u compair the original vette to an f50 it looses, vette lover like myself then say well its 500k more. so then we tune it so it woops the f50s ass, then the ferrari lovers say well thas not fair give me 20k to do my f50. then the next arguemant when it looses goes right back to how much it costs or the quality.
my point being is that everyone is compairing useless things. to the guy who originlly made this thred, TAKE UR SUPRA TO A HONDA OR TOYOTA FORUM, NO ONE WANTS RICE ROCKETS BROUGHT UP IN HERE! i think i speek for most of us.

VenomInMyVeins
11-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Here Here... well.. sorta. It's almost nice for them to come in here and show us what we have to beat next... :-P sorry.. that was a pigheaded comment.

Add your comment to this topic!