Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fords are HOT HOT HOT!

dirk-diggler
02-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Hotter than hell, apparently it seems that the rear axle bolts rubb up against the fuel tanks on crown victorias, resulting in some fun times. smooth your bolts out before you get burned.:frog: I'm just trying to warn ya guys! my grandady almost got fryed when he was driving his Fraud Taurus.

Scott 02
02-10-2003, 11:15 AM
A prime example of Ford Enginnering.;)

Hudson
02-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by dirk-diggler
Hotter than hell, apparently it seems that the rear axle bolts rubb up against the fuel tanks on crown victorias, resulting in some fun times. smooth your bolts out before you get burned.:frog: I'm just trying to warn ya guys! my grandady almost got fryed when he was driving his Fraud Taurus.

That's not what happens. The car in the picture is a police car that has been rear-ended. Crown Victorias (more specifically Police Interceptors) are being investigated for a design flaw that may cause fuel leaks in high-speed rear-end collisions. It has nothing to do with axle bolts rubbing against fuel tanks.

Scott 02
02-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Yes, After thinking about it, it seemed odd to me why the heck would an axle bolt be rubbing the fuel tank? Most of those tanks are set forward a great distance from the axle. Like Hudson said, it got rearended and maybe someting punctured the tank and caused the fuel to leak out an a spark ignited it to start that blaze. The fuel cell/tank should be set more forward I believe....

TerminalVelocity
02-12-2003, 11:19 PM
its why on my bird they put the gastank right under the pasenger :D

Add your comment to this topic!