Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hummer H1 Vortec 8100

DVSNCYNIKL
10-09-2001, 01:14 PM
Hummer H1 Vortec 8100 (http://www.motortrend.com/sept01/hummer/hummer_f.html)

http://www.motortrend.com/sept01/hummer/hummer.jpg

Hummerman is going to go berzerk when he sees this thing.

Rich
10-09-2001, 02:32 PM
NIIICE!!!!!!!!!!! That thing looks killer!
What a beauty! Man, I almost creamed my shorts when I saw that.

Where did u find that DVS?
Any numbers on that beast? HP/ Torque?
Post a link to the website plz.....

DVSNCYNIKL
10-09-2001, 02:32 PM
Hey Hummerman! No comment from the Hummer addict himself?:confused:

Rich
10-09-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
Hey Hummerman! No comment from the Hummer addict himself?:confused:

dude! i just posted seconds before you did.

DVSNCYNIKL
10-09-2001, 02:58 PM
LOL. I guess you did. It's from road and track so what ever it has in that link I provided, that would be it.

Rich
10-09-2001, 04:13 PM
wow!!. I didnt think that they could improve the hummer that much more, but it seems as if its quite a bit better with the 8.1L/340HP Vortec Gas engine. The 1/4 mile time is 18.4 sec meaning 1.4 seconds faster than the old diesel, although its not that important for an off-road vehicle, its still better knowing that you have some punch if your just crusing around the city, or on the highway. Also there is a huge gain here in total horsepower from the old diesel 190 to the 340 that the vortec puts out. In the article they did not mention the torque ratings which is fairly important as an off-road vehicle, and I doubt that too many gas engines have as much torque as a diesel.

To say if it really truely is that much better, I would need to see the torque ratings for each of these engines, cause if this engine lowers the off-road capability of the hummer at all, then id say it is a mistake.

S Brake
10-09-2001, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by HuMMerMan
cause if this engine lowers the off-road capability of the hummer at all, then id say it is a mistake. Thats what i'm worried about with the H2, i don't want them to make the hummer some kind of pussy escape wannabe. if it doesn't have the same approach/departure angles, can't ford through like 3 feet of water, scale a 21 inch verticle ledge then i don't want any part of that atrosity.

General _Motors
11-28-2001, 01:00 AM
i would buy one :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Rich
11-28-2001, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by General _Motors
i would buy one :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Again, if I had the money I would. Who wouldn't? :rolleyes:

Suboobaruwrsex
11-19-2003, 12:58 AM
That motor will never make it into a hummer. AM General tried that in 1995 and 1996 with no luck. No owners want a gas motor. For off roading big trucks diesels are more important for one reason. Low end torque. The 6.5 turbo diesel that is in it right now makes 430 ft/lb under 2,000 rpm. The most likely motor to be thrown in the H1 is the 6.6 duramax diesel. Off road is slow, where torque is needed. High speeds is where horsepower is needed. Hummers are goverend at 83 mph. The truck has no high speed capablility or need it. That is why it is a diesel.

Nick

Add your comment to this topic!