Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What are you paying

santalogan
01-30-2003, 12:34 AM
I am thinking about G35 coupe, but will not pay MRSP. What are buyers paying. One dealer told me all of his in coming cars have deposits on them. Another has 7 on the ground. If I wait 6 months can I get a good discount? Also considering BMW 3 series.

nas4a
01-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Got mine in December, gladly paid MSRP on my 6-speed manual Diamond Graphite Coupe. In all seriousness, if you want one, pay MSRP. It's just a number anyway. Even at MSRP, you get more car for the buck than a 330ci BMW at a discount. I drove my friend's 330Ci this past weekend, and he drove my G35, and we both agreed that the 330Ci has a nicer interior, but beyond that, the G35 was tops in everything, for about $3500 less.

The average waiting time if you custom order your coupe is now about 4-5 months. The demand is there on specific cars, and on the Manual Transmission models. You may be able to find a fully loaded car on the lot that is unclaimed, but I doubt you'll get one for considerably less than MSRP for a year or so. Some have reported $500 off or so from dealers they have had existing relationships with, but even then it's hard to tell. My family has bought 3 Infiniti's in the past, and the dealer wouldn't move at all for me.

Trust me, if you want one, just pay MSRP. If you do end up driving the 330Ci, which is a great car, DO NOT drive a G35, or you'll feel something is missing. I test drove both, and the 330Ci was very refined, but not sporty enough. The G35 was a street rocket in a luxo package, and the styling is better than the 330 IMO.

DMC12
01-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by santalogan
Another has 7 on the ground.
Which dealer is that because I'd like to go for a test-drive? All the dealers close to me have pre-sold all in-coming shipments. They had one available that was returned because the customer "didn't like the seat"... it had 7K miles on it & they still marked it up over MSRP:rolleyes:

IMHO, please don't buy the BMW.

VR6punk
01-30-2003, 01:45 PM
so i'll share my thougths.. the car i was "going to buy" once I got to the point that I could comfortably afford one was the 330Ci. that was, of course, until the g35 came out. i think BMW is in some deep sh$$ because their 3 series are NOW overpriced and underperform. the only justification at this stage is the name, which arguably holds more value than the infiniti (though this may soon change).

i contacted dealerships from philadelphia down to north carolina just to see what people had. if you were lucky, they had the car you wanted coming in the next 2-3 months. otherwise you would settle for their demo models in caribian blue or white. both colors are nice, just not what i wanted. did i mention that these models were MSRP? they laughed at me up and down the coast when i tried to bargain with them. my car came back from a guy that was too big, so he drove it for 500 miles and then brought it back and preorderd infiniti's new suv hybrid thats coming out. i still happily paid MSRP, considering it was 6MT dia graph ext / charcoal int. there were 3 people in line to buy if my deal fell through.

this brings me to my last point.. they will not budge on price - however, there are a bunch of ways to get a deal. first, shoot a high goal for your trade-in.. they worked with me and gave me a lot more than my car was worth. second, if you're financing tell them you wont do the deal unless you get prime rate (4.25). they told me the lowest they could go was 4.87, but i didnt budge until i got 4.25. of course your credit has to be good for that to happen, so adjust that number accordingly if you've got some bumps in your credit.

either way - best of luck.. they are two great cars.. read up on the comparisons though.. i haven't read a single one that doesn't give the G35 and edge on the 330Ci.

Paul

nas4a
01-31-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DMC12

Which dealer is that because I'd like to go for a test-drive? All the dealers close to me have pre-sold all in-coming shipments. They had one available that was returned because the customer "didn't like the seat"... it had 7K miles on it & they still marked it up over MSRP:rolleyes:

IMHO, please don't buy the BMW.

Didn't like the seats? :rolleyes: That's total BS. Not to mention 7K miles on a coupe is high. My bet is that somebody from the dealership was allowed to use that coupe for a long trip or something. That car has more to it than bad seats. I got my car 1 month after it came out, and I've only got 2200 miles on it.

santalogan
01-31-2003, 11:32 PM
thank-you all for your quick replies.. I live in sourthern Ca, the dealers that had in stock G coupes were Team in Oxnard, also I think Riverside. The Thousand Oaks dealer had one in red with 4k in wheels which I did not like. They were very rude. They said they were one of the largest dealers but only had one coupe go figure.. My A6 turbo lease is up in April. I do dream about a G coupe.

mwilken
02-15-2003, 09:33 PM
If you want one, bone up and pay full sticker. I was at the local car show the other day and he told me that they had half the entire 2003 alotment already sold. He was saying that by May, you will be waiting for a 2004 model. My Mustangs lease isnt up until August so I may be out of Luck. You won't find a better car for the money period. As to the seats, I have to admit that my Big Texas Frame is a little wide for those rice rocket seats. Maybe I should go on a diet now, I have at least six months to lose a few pounds.

Add your comment to this topic!