Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Noise?

deadmaninc
01-28-2003, 03:05 AM
Has any one experienced car noises with the G35 when the car in on acc i think it is acc. But it make this noise even when the radio and ac is off. Should it make that noise? Also another small problem i have is the compus like dosent even work. It is on but it just dosen't show any direction why? Thank you

nas4a
01-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Don't know re. the compass, but the AC noise in the sedans is a documented problem that I believe Infiniti has a fix for. Take it to the dealer, and tell them you have the A/C noise problem and they should fix it for you under warrantee.

deadmaninc
01-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Ok are u sure it is an ac prob? I dont even have it on. The noise only like happens when it is on ACC2 so is it serious? One of my friends told me that her friends G35 engine had some defect and now her engine is beyond repair and that most G35 have that engine problem according to the dealer. That what they told her. So is that true about all G35's?

nas4a
01-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Not to slam your friend, but I don't think they got their info straight. I know of no problems with the engines in the G35. The VQ engine is a very good engine, winner of several awards, and is used in the G35 coupe/sedan, 350Z, Altima, Maxima, QX4, Pathfinder, and several other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. I doubt it has any major problems or they wouldn't still be using it. And even if they did, you've got a powertrain warrantee that'll cover it. But trust me, I talk to many G35 coupe owners, and nobody has had engine troubles.

What exactly do you mean ACC2? Are you referring to Air Condition settings?

deadmaninc
01-29-2003, 09:22 PM
oh i see ok. Well acc2 is not ac setting. Its the setting right before u stat the car on. Where u can open windows, ac, sunroof and other things without starting the car

nas4a
01-30-2003, 12:25 PM
OH! Acc for Accessories. I gotcha now.

What does the noise sound like? It can't possibly be an engine problem because in ACC, the engine isn't even on. I've never heard anything about this from anyone else, but I'm curious.

deadmaninc
01-31-2003, 02:09 AM
Not really sure how to explain it.

bk2kmax
02-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by nas4a
Not to slam your friend, but I don't think they got their info straight. I know of no problems with the engines in the G35. The VQ engine is a very good engine, winner of several awards, and is used in the G35 coupe/sedan, 350Z, Altima, Maxima, QX4, Pathfinder, and several other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. I doubt it has any major problems or they wouldn't still be using it. And even if they did, you've got a powertrain warrantee that'll cover it. But trust me, I talk to many G35 coupe owners, and nobody has had engine troubles.

What exactly do you mean ACC2? Are you referring to Air Condition settings?

Ward's Ten Best Engine List 9 years in a row and counting, quote from Ward's "Nissan should have a class to teach other automakers how to build a V6."

GTi-VR6_A3
02-12-2003, 06:02 PM
if its what i am thinking this is i have heard it in other cars and it is all fine. have you been out driving or had the engine on? if so that noise is a fan cooling the engine.

-GTi-VR6_A3

nas4a
02-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Ward's Ten Best Engine List 9 years in a row and counting, quote from Ward's "Nissan should have a class to teach other automakers how to build a V6."

:D

Add your comment to this topic!