Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Difference between 95 & 96 and v-spec or non v-spec

Gak456
01-20-2003, 11:07 AM
As the topic says, I am wonderin if there is much of a difference between the 1995 GTR r33 and the 96 GTR r33? Also is there a noticable difference between the V-spec and non V-spec?

:smoka:

RazorGTR
01-20-2003, 02:33 PM
There are no power differences what so ever. The main differences is in the suspension, and diffs.

The non-vspec uses a viscus clutch system for the front and rear diffs while the Vspec use a mechanical.
The Vspec has slightly stiffer suspension though some will argue that is not true. I know two people presonally with these cars and the vspec had slightly better overall suspension.

There is a slight difference though subtal in the front bumpers while the interior is the same. Some of the Vspecs came with white faced gauges while some didn't. That could have been an option.

Also I have seen two Vspecs one in both years with Gold emblems. Talking to one of the owners they suspect it was a gold key edition but I have yet to confirm this by any viable source. Other than that listed it is very hard to tell the difference even looking close between the two.

Gak456
01-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you razor GTR

RazorGTR
01-20-2003, 04:44 PM
No worries :)

Nemesis
01-22-2003, 01:30 AM
The ATTESSA in the V-spec also reacts quicker than the non V-spec. Suspension is different, harder and lower, than non V.
The exterior difference between the two is the V-spec got rear spats as part of the side skirts, the rest is the same. The front only changed with the year. I also think that there was a bit more use of purple in the V-spec interior.

MaximusGTR
01-24-2003, 03:26 AM
hey Razor, how much did your Skyline cost you???

RazorGTR
01-24-2003, 10:54 AM
It was sitting on the lot for $29,995 NZD. I paid $28,000 NZD with taxes and on road costs.

MaximusGTR
01-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Wow, thats really good, I was always ignorant to the cost of the skyline, I thought they were all about $60,000 + because someone in the recycler had one for sale here in the U.S for $60,000, how much would it cost for me to buy and ship one to the U.S

SkylineUSA
01-24-2003, 12:41 PM
12K-20K....... Then legalize, MotoRex:) '95 or older 16k, 96 or newer 25k. Thats for a R33 of course

Gak456
01-24-2003, 02:03 PM
There is a place located in Idaho (I think thats where it is) and they will recieve your Skyline from a port in Washington. They only charge 6000-8000, they have all the blueprints and can legalize your skyline 100%.

MaximusGTR
01-24-2003, 08:58 PM
The thing is based on what you guys are saying, I can afford a Skyline, its the shiping that I'm not willing to pay

RazorGTR
01-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Shipping to the States from NZ shouldn't be all that much considering what you are buying. I believe it would be around $1,500 US possibly less depending on insurances.

Cost here in US dollars is half of what I posted roughly. Now complying it is a different stroy. Honestly not sure what the charges are anymore as I keep hearing different values.

MaximusGTR
01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
If its only around $1500, then I can seriously consider it, Im gonna contact Motorex, is there a number???

SkylineUSA
01-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Here you go, good luck.

http://www.motorex.net/m_contact.html

MaximusGTR
01-25-2003, 04:31 AM
One more thing, where can I get a skyline with the passenger on the right side and driver on the left, is this possible?

SkylineUSA
01-25-2003, 06:28 AM
You kiddin right.:)

Waste of money. There are companies out there, infact if you look at the MotoRex site I think they are listed there.

Gonthrax
01-25-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by MaximusGTR
One more thing, where can I get a skyline with the passenger on the right side and driver on the left, is this possible?

I'm trying to remember the name of the place that does LHD conversions... I'll look it up in a sec, I posted it a while back.

Anyhow, it's a waste of money in my opinion. I mean, the only times you would have problems would be Toll Plazas, Drivethrus (except Rallys, they have two ;) ) And when you get pulled over, you get to watch the cop walk up and try to get your passenger's license :hehehe:

Gonthrax
01-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Here ya go

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t62846.html

tyndago
01-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by RazorGTR
There are no power differences what so ever. The main differences is in the suspension, and diffs.

True - the Vspec is actually heavier

The Vspec has slightly stiffer suspension though some will argue that is not true. I know two people presonally with these cars and the vspec had slightly better overall suspension.

And heres the specs to prove it -
http://www.motorex.net/oldsite/Suspensionspecs.htm

There is a slight difference though subtal in the front bumpers while the interior is the same. Some of the Vspecs came with white faced gauges while some didn't. That could have been an option.

Neither statement is true. The 1997 -1998 cars came with the air scoops for the intercooler in the front bumper .

Also I have seen two Vspecs one in both years with Gold emblems. Talking to one of the owners they suspect it was a gold key edition

If you have the Dealer brochure for the R33 you will see that gold emblems are a dealer installed option.

RazorGTR
01-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Actually some came with NISMO option white face gauges.

Forgot about air inlets good call.

Hey sean I take it you're no longer working for MotoRex.

Add your comment to this topic!