Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for Aston Martin v8 info

JayBee
12-04-2002, 10:54 AM
I need info or even 3 view blueprint drwngs of the Aston Martin Vantage V8 Zagato frm 1987 - 1989,90 ? I do a bit of graphics modeling and any info or help whould be appreciated.:D :D

Scott 02
02-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Some info I found for the 1986-1988 Zagato by Aston Martin.....

The Italian coachbuilder created one of the greatest and truly most beautiful cars of all time with the DB4GT Zagato back in 1960. They say that lightning doesn't strike the same place twice. But the lightning bolt that is Zagato, struck Newport Pagnell for a second time in 1986 with the brutal Vantage Zagato. Announced a year previously at the 1985 Geneva Motor Show, the eventual unveiling a year later and every one of the 50 production cars had been pre-sold to customers placing a £15,000 deposit for the £87,000 machine. The standard Vantage was at the time one of, if not the fastest cars in the world; by reducing the wheelbase, loosing the rear seats, tweaking the engine and fitting a new slippery body with flush fitting glass, the Zagato became the ultimate Aston.

Unfortunately, many were not overly impressed by the final styling of the new Zagato. One of the most exciting aspects of the design was the 'power bulge' which was so necessary to house the airbox for the massive Weber 48 IDA carbs bored out to 50mm. Although a flat bonnet was originally intended with a fuel injection system underneath, this would probably not have produced sufficient power to achieve the promised 300 kph or 186mph top speed.

The V8 Vantage Zagato was displayed at the 1986 Geneva Motor Show where three examples were shown; one on the AML stand, one on the Zagato stand, and on top of a lakeside hotel. This car (yes there're the same one), was one of those at Geneva, chassis number 11, the second of the two pre-production prototypes. It's now finished in Aston racing green and fitted with V600 style wheels.

The Vantage Zagato was never designed with racing in mind (unlike its contemporary, the Ferrari 288GTO). Only in more recent times during AMOC events have Zagatos actively competed. An here is one such car which has been extensively modified for the race track including a 7.0 litre R.S Williams fuel injected engine. The first photograph shows the car in road going form. The second picture, taken in the paddock during a 1999 AMOC meeting, shows the Zagato still in it's original metallic blue finish with minor racing modifications. The third photograph, taken during the 2000 season shows many changes including stripped out interior, enhanced brakes with V600 style wheels, a modified air intake in the power bulge and a change of colour to Aston Racing Green. For the 2001 season, the bonnet air intake was ditched.

Sorry this is getting long.....Here is some brief performance figures...

Performance from the 432bhp engine fitted to the prototype car was phenomenal and even now is just about the fastest production Aston of all time. The true maximum speed of 185.8mph was achieved by the French magazine Sport Auto on an empty piece of motorway whilst the French Police were at lunch, just short of the planned 300kph. The 0 to 60mph time came up in just 4.8 seconds. Power output of the remaining production cars was pegged at 408 bhp with the addition of power sapping emission equipment. But the factory service department could upgrade them for the owners. There are only 50 Production Vantage Zagatos and 37 Production Volante Zagatos.

Now as for the Blue Prints JayBee, Try looking at this site:
http://www.blueprint69.com
I got another site I can post later if you want to see blue prints of American made cars to European cars

I hope I helped you out on by posting this. It took some time and I hope its what you were needing to know.

450HPviper
03-19-2003, 04:26 AM
Are your hands hurting Scott.

Nice Specs. I want an Aston Martin.:cry:

Scott 02
03-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah they did steve. It pisses me off i do alot for the Aston Martin threads and still don't get to mod it:mad: All that work for nothing....

SuPeRcAr_MaN
03-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Scott 02
Yeah they did steve. It pisses me off i do alot for the Aston Martin threads and still don't get to mod it:mad: All that work for nothing....

I think you deserve to mod this forum. You now so much about AM and you are nice enough to type it all to teach us. ;)
I also hope someday to become a Moderator, hopefully of the Pontiac
-> GTO forum, if we ever get one...

Scott 02
03-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks SuPeRcAr_MaN, I think you would enjoy being a mod. in a GTO form if we ever get one, but thats another story:rolleyes:. I would enjoy being one in here, but I got others who think different.

Add your comment to this topic!