Is the right motor mount oil filled??

peelerboy
11-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Is the right side motor mount on my SRT-4 oil filled? The reason I ask is because mine appears to be leaking! To be absolutely sure everyone knows which mount I'm talking about... see the pic below ---V

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/peelerboy/srt-4/rtengmount.jpg

Is this mount oil filled??

Thanks!
Dale

peelerboy
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
NO one knows? Hmmph. :banghead:

Turbodog97
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
No...

Swonderboy
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Is the right side motor mount on my SRT-4 oil filled? The reason I ask is because mine appears to be leaking! To be absolutely sure everyone knows which mount I'm talking about... see the pic below ---V

Is this mount oil filled??

Thanks!
Dale

This might sound like an odd suggestion, but I was thinking the same thing, but the oil that was leaking out was massive over time, for example over nite it would drain the oil completely. Oil would leak down all the way over to the right side, leading me to wonder where it was coming from. What I found out after bringing it in was, that I blew a cam seal... Took them two days to figure it out. (day one, clean motor off and use die) and (day two to change the cam seal.) I was lucky enough to find a dealer, who didn't void my warrenty, due to the mods.

peelerboy
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. Although, I have now spoken with two Dodge dealer techs who have replaced this mount before. Yes, the middle/right engine mount IS oil filled. They will rupture relatively easily if the engine isn't properly supported while changing out, or simply adding inserts to the upper and lower mounts. (typically to reduce wheel hop)

Dale

Turbodog97
03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
The first mistake was listening to what the dealership told you. All 4 motor mounts are made out of the same rubber compounds.

Add your comment to this topic!