Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

You think this is a Scam?

ultra-yellowZX
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
:)I'm Looking to buy a 300zx tt & I don't know if this is a Scam or not & if it is how can I know?
Here is the email he send me

Hello,
I'm the owner of the 1996 Nissan 300ZX on which you've recently show interest. The car is in excellent shape and in perfect running condition and it has a clean title. I am located in Houston,TX now and the car will be shipped from here.The price for the car is $3,200 with shipping and handling included in price. Shipping will be done via DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) and it will take no more then 2-3 days top (depending on your exact location).
The transaction will be made through SafePay Solutions for our own protection. You will have 5 days to inspect and test drive it upon arrival with no obligation to buy. Should the car not be exactly as described, you can cancel the deal, and get a full refund of your money. If you wish to go on, please get back to me and let know so we can make the deal.

Sincerely,
Greg

So What you think is it or not I know it is a very very good deal
ps. the car is a 1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Manual tran & it has 117,000 Miles

DrSmiley
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't know man, that is pretty damn cheep for a 1996 300zx tt. I mean for that price you are usully able to get some Z31s in decent condition. That $3,200 sounds extremely cheep unless there is somthing wrong with the car...:eek: I mean I would LOVE to pick up a 1996 300zx tt for that cheap, so yes it does sound like a scam to me

Hope that helps you out,
-DrSmiley:bigthumb:

mwolvin
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Me too. I assume that this ad is on Ebay. If so, I saw a very similar sounding ad on a 1991 MR2 with 69K miles on it. Claimed price after shipping and handling was $2900 and if I was not happy, they would refund the total price and ship the car back at their cost. Shipping cost out of FLA (where the car was claimed to be) to TN was $1000-- I looked it up. See if they will arrange to meet you to test drive the car, and have them bring the title with them.

stprasinz
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
If not I'll buy it..... lol
I'd say its a scam

ultra-yellowZX
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
:banghead:Mann That's Suck's I think it was a scam because I went back to see if the car was still listed & it wasent & I send him Like 3 emails & he hasen't respond yate :runaround::screwy::banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!