Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Acclaim - What is the problem

WBurrough
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Ok yesterday i am driving home from work. I pull out of my friends development pedel to the metal and then....pedel stayed down. i tried to pull it up with my foot and it just falls back down. by this time i am goin about 80 and the story go's on.....moving foward in time, the car is now in my driveway. all of the cabels are in tact and i have no idea what is wrong. i can trace the wire from the pedel to this plate that 3 wires go into that all connect to this rotating thing that is hard to get to. i hit it with a screw driver and hammer to get it back into idle position. but now when the car is on if i even touch the gas it will stay where you push it to. thanks for any help

L Oliver
11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
you didnt state if you looked at the throttle body there is a spring that should be on the throttle plate it goes in the opposite way the throttle cable goes and will hold your pedal up when foot is off. no spring pedal drops to the floor hense the name throttle return spring if not sure have a mechanic check it for your saftey and the others around you. be safe

Add your comment to this topic!