Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

buick regal window regulator or motor?

jerry1967
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
How do I check my right rear window regulator to see if it is the motor or the regulator?
I have the door panel off and the motor and regulator are exposed.
When I hit the switch one of the cables move back and forth but the other one does not move. Is this normal?
Is there a way to tell if it is the motor or regulator?

brian_k24
10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
You didn't say what year your Regal is but in my '99 there is only one cable.
The cable is looped so the same cable pulls the window up and also down. When mine failed the cable frayed and became jammed in the cable housing and acted a lot like what you are describing.

I took my regulator assembly out and took the motor off the regulator and plugged it back in and tested. It worked fine so I order a new regulator with out a motor, I bought a new aftermarket regulator on e-bay for about $35.

jerry1967
10-01-2007, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=brian_k24]You didn't say what year your Regal is but in my '99 there is only one cable.
The cable is looped so the same cable pulls the window up and also down. When mine failed the cable frayed and became jammed in the cable housing and acted a lot like what you are describing.

I took my regulator assembly out and took the motor off the regulator and plugged it back in and tested. It worked fine so I order a new regulator with out a motor, I bought a new aftermarket regulator on e-bay for about $35.[/QUOTE

I see two cables but I don't know if it is the same one looped. The year is 2001 Buick Regal LS .Do you know where you bought the regulator only?

brian_k24
10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I did a search on google for buick window regulator and had many hits. I think the place I used was called your part store.

Add your comment to this topic!