Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust help

ballin 18
09-26-2007, 11:43 PM
iight i'm a total noob at cars so don't hate, but i wanna make my 99 integra sound louder/better.......can i do this buy just gettin my a new tip? or is there more involved, any help will be greatly appreciated

09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
yes you can but is it legal where you live because i live in cali and its called modified exhaust and its a fix-it ticket

ballin 18
09-27-2007, 04:09 PM
yea it's legal, witch tip sounds the best.......i don't want no weedeater sound

09-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Nothing really sounds good unless you buy a cat back exhaust. Goes from the catalytic converter after your header. RSR is supposed to be nice. HKS is good too. A tip wont do anything. A muffler only will just make it sound bad. Not even all cat backs sound good either. Most are made for max power which means loud.

09-28-2007, 10:03 AM
if youre talkin about those polished tips you but at autozone and screw onto your factory muffler, then no, that wont change the tone any. You'll need a new muffler altogether, and like wiseguy said, modified exhausts are illegal in most areas.

Add your comment to this topic!