Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help... I just got it 5 days ago..

Rivera2u
09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello all.

I just purchased an 2002 300M with 97k on it and I paid $6,200 for it in awesome shape in "Inferno Red" color.

OK, my problem is that the trunk will not open with either the button on the dash board or with the key remote??? I asked some guy and he told me maybe it's on Valet mode?? Can this be possiable? If so How do I go about correcting this problem? I'm tired of shutting off the car to open the trunk.

Problem # 2 is the Check engine lite came on, code #441 " Evaporative purge flow system not working properly" Is this a big deal to fix? Cost? will it effect the car if I don't fix it right now? Help!

PS: Where can I get an stock trunk lid wing for it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.:banghead:

tinmanwpk
09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't believe ther is a valet mode. You may have two problems here. The first is the dash button which may be defective or have a loose/broken wire. You have to just run that one down. The other is the key fob not working which may be as simple as a bad battery. You didn't say if the key works properly with the trunk.

Your next problem says the gas cap is either incorrectly installed or is defective.

Rivera2u
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Tim,

Pleasure to meet you.

The remote works fine as far as opening and closing the doors and the Panic button also works as well.
The key works in the trunk as well.

I checked under the hood and the side panel to see if the fuse was blown and I don't see any fuse for the trunk or anything related to that. I'm clueless to what might be the problem. :banghead:

As far as the 441 code, you are saying that the gas cap is either defective or not on correct?? Maybe it's defective cause I put gas in the car and twisted it until it clicked. I hate this computer stuff in cars.

I joined the 300 club, just waiting for my package and password from the web master or whom ever.:)

hundahunta
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
is the code a p0441 or p0440. possible faulty ldp

Rivera2u
09-30-2007, 10:39 PM
is the code a p0441 or p0440. possible faulty ldp

It was 441 now it's 440? What does 440 mean?. This car is very senstive I notice.

tinmanwpk
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
evaporative emission control system malfunction

Add your comment to this topic!