Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why did you buy this car?

josh0855
11-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Why did you buy a storm? Was it because you actuly like the car, or it has a "good deal"?:bloated:

MaximusGTR
01-08-2003, 04:39 AM
The turbo:devil:

Teabagger Vance
07-02-2003, 01:21 AM
They bought them because Geo Storms are tremendously fast, wonderfully designed chick magnets.....where have you been recently? :biggrin2:

Hudson
07-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Turbo Storm?

badassgremlin
07-17-2003, 08:22 AM
i didn't.........

KrAzYStOrM
07-20-2003, 12:04 AM
So Honda's would have the balls to race mE! :owned:

cashmoneyspeed
10-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Because it's not just another Hon-duh. Good on gas, fairly cheaply modifed, and cheap to fix.

1600cc
11-09-2003, 09:47 PM
I don't own a storm, but I know they have potential. Most people think because they're geos, they're slow. That's not the case, the DOHC Storms are pretty quick because of the Isuzu engine that was put into it. There's the 1.6 DOHC 4XE1 engine that cranks out 130 hp. Then there's the 1.8 DOHC 4XE1 engine, which I believe the last Storm GSI had, that cranks out 140 hp. Pretty good for a light car. Only if Isuzu still made cars.

grindingears
04-06-2005, 03:33 AM
fuel mileage. go ahead and laugh when you pass me but i will laugh right back when i pass you at the gas station.37 mpg fuel prices now $2.26 a gallon

SWITCHCRAFT
05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
i bought mine with a vision.......to turn it into a lowrider.........something different

Rampart Crawler
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, I don't have one, but a friend bought one and was pleased with it. He didn't want to have 'just another honda' from the early/mid 90's and he thought it was sporty enough.(he was comming from a Prism).

It looked cute and all, and he had the GSi, rated at 140hp and was origionally owned by an older women. He enjoys the car and it was cheap enough, but I finally convinced him to race my civic with it. To be honest, we both thought I would lose. Not only was his car's hp rated higher, but his was a stick, and just felt faster driving.

We lined up one day near the local car dealer on an early sunday morning where two lanes merge into one. To my surprise, I beat him. I put a half car from the launch right at the beginning, I was surprised because he is great with a 5spd, and pulled another fender by the top of my 1st(my best gear in this pos). In the top of 2nd, he pulled about a half car back because I slipped it from D3(goes through every gear up to 3, fyi), which I was in for the launch, to 2 to hold the gear. When I got it back in D3, it shifted to 3rd and got back into the powerband and stopped his pull. At that point, it felt like I was INCHING away. As if it would take a half hour for me to pull a car, if I even could, top end, wise. Finally, he backed off before it became one lane. He hopes to buy a cheap intake or make his own. Not to sound like a ricer, but his stock one looks pretty restrictive and that would probably put him on top. My stocker is pretty restrictive, as well.

ChuckH
07-01-2005, 04:26 AM
I bought it because, uh, I don't know why? Wish I hadn't though; the car is a nightmare and has broken down twice in the last 800 miles or so requiring a tow and expensive repairs both times. I like driving it when it runs, but I'm now afraid to go anywhere of any distance. :mad:

Storm Rider
07-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Got mine from a niece who gave up on spending money on it. Gave her 50.00 for it, and once I get the ignition problem solved, I should have a nice little commuter car. Body is a little rough, interior not bad for it's age, and the stereo got lobotomized, so I gotta fix that huge hole in the dash. Cute car, and feels more comfortable than my 93 Tercel EconoBox.

92_GSi_guy
07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, I've owned 6 Geo Metro's over the years and loved them so I thought I'd try a Storm. My wife got a ride in one a few years back and thought they were cool. So....I bought a 92 off eBay (MN) and it turned out to be a rustbucket but drove good and had a near perfect interior. I liked the car but wanted a non-rusted one. I bought another 92 from a guy in TN, this time a GSi. It had a great body but the interior was pretty dirty and the car ran good. I've had to do a little work on it, new rear shocks, new tires, and a pair of axles (outer boots ripped). I'm now in the process of switching the interiors between the two. I love the car. It's fun, fast, gets pretty decent gas milage, and is something a "little different".

MmXAkira
08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't own a storm, but I know they have potential. Most people think because they're geos, they're slow. That's not the case, the DOHC Storms are pretty quick because of the Isuzu engine that was put into it. There's the 1.6 DOHC 4XE1 engine that cranks out 130 hp. Then there's the 1.8 DOHC 4XE1 engine, which I believe the last Storm GSI had, that cranks out 140 hp. Pretty good for a light car. Only if Isuzu still made cars.
Izuzu's cars are just motorcycles with four wheels...:biggrin:

runm-n-rekm
03-12-2007, 09:21 PM
My 91 storm was free from a friend. The car is getting a bit rough but it still runs great. Awesome indestructible motor. After the 40 pound muffler fell off, I think it is a bit faster. (lol) I drive it hard and it never complains. And, an added bonus is, It will haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood or drywall right in the hatchback. Hangs out about 2.5 feet, but what a cheap to keep truck!
There are a couple of mint storms in the area, and whenever I see them going down the road, they always look hot. Wouldn't take much to tweak mine up a bit and perhaps I will. My 97 Camaro gets most of my attention though. If I do get rid of my Storm it will be passed on to someone who needs a good car for free - like I did when I received it. jj

'97ventureowner
08-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Way too old to be voting in and resurrecting. Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!