Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 0-115 run

TalonEclipseMixGsx
09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=17371422

So I usually don't like to drive the eclipse during the day because of the hot temps, but it was around 70 tonight so I figured I'd make a video of my 0-60. I was going to top out 4th, but I saw headlights so i let off. E316G@20psi. Shitty launch, but I baby the stock clutch. If anybody has their 0-60 vids, I'd like to see them for comparison.

I'll make a video of the 1.8 tomorrow night, only if everybody promises not to be jealous.

SilvrEclipse
09-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Looks good man. Car looks pretty quick. I wish I had awd, I can barely even get into boost with out breakin the front loose.

Thor06
09-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Nice dude, just wait until you can really hammer on that launch.

steviek
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I have some 0-60 runs on video but the camera isn't as well on the speedo as yours but whatever.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/87437372-73d0-4bee-8fb1-992b0134e1f4.htm

2of9
09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
u got 0-60 in right under 5 seconds in my average timing!! NICE!!

(im bored at school!!)

TalonEclipseMixGsx
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks. The stupid myspace player doesn't have the counter on the bottom for the time. But I played it with windows media, and I'm at 60 in around 5 seconds. I definately can't wait till I get a new clutch so hopefully I can launch harder and break into the 4s like steviek.

2of9
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
just a quick question...how do you guys luanch you cars? i've got a 2100 in mine and it fills nice to slip it, but i kinda feel like its better to hold the rev and slowly but quickly slip the clutch for a launch. i've practiced but always made jerk a little first than it goes.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if its the right way to do it but i just get to the rpm I want and dump the clutch. I think they say 5 grand is the best to launch with an awd. The stage 3 chip in my eprom has a studderbox at 4k 4.5k and 5k. When I finally install it, with all my other stuff, ill be posting another video.

nofear39427
09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Awesome video man but I have one question.Why is it that people say its bad to red line your car but in most of the race videos I see thats exactly what everyone does.I mean I know you can build your engine up to withstand
higher rpms but wont it damage it in the long run??:screwy: But other than that your car is pretty darn fast dude.

2of9
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Awesome video man but I have one question.Why is it that people say its bad to red line your car but in most of the race videos I see thats exactly what everyone does.I mean I know you can build your engine up to withstand
higher rpms but wont it damage it in the long run??:screwy: But other than that your car is pretty darn fast dude.

well...with the stutter box, you are limiting your revs. it may sound like one is flooring the gas before the launch but it is really setting it up for the luanch if you have the stutter box to limit the rev at a certain point. Boost does not kill your engine, high revs do.

TalonEclipseMixGsx- that stage 3 eprom ecu you were talking about, i have that in my vr4 right now and the stutter box and how to change the rev limits are just amazing. the previous owner installed the stage 3 eprom ecu but when he was teaching me how it all worked, it was amazing. im still learning how to launch it with the stutter box because everytime i slip the clutch, it jerks first than goes. still practicing, but that stage 3 eprom ecu is all worth it indeed!

MazdaX
09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
looks good man , almost as fast as my Rs =)

Just playing but what happened around 80 ? seems like it started dropping off a tad for that over the 80 push ..i hate the stock gearing in the eclipses...o.o

over all time is like 9 - 10 seconds to 115 , should be able to run the 1/4 mile in like 11 seconds , if yu install th stutter you may be able to launcher harder and get some better numbers as well.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Im not sure what happened. I was giving it all it had. 3rd gear I shifted a little early, but only by 300 rpm or so.

I doubt I'm in the 11's yet. I'm thinking low 13s or high 12's. Haven't been to the track yet so I don't know for sure. This was on a 70 degree night. I'm waiting for a night in the 30's or 40's, and then I'll make another video to compare. It feels like a completely different car when its cold outside.

With the eprom, I will install that when I install my 56 trim. I doubt I'll use the studderbox very much at least until I upgrade my clutch. 11's would be nice, but id be satisfied with low 12's on pump gas.

SilvrEclipse
09-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Yea hes not into the 11's yet. On a good run he should be able to break into possibly the mid 12's. Its a fast car none the less. I wonder what my 0-100 is. I know my 0-60 is about mid 5s. But my car seems to drag 3rd out real bad.

MazdaX
09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Im not sure what happened. I was giving it all it had. 3rd gear I shifted a little early, but only by 300 rpm or so.

I doubt I'm in the 11's yet. I'm thinking low 13s or high 12's. Haven't been to the track yet so I don't know for sure. This was on a 70 degree night. I'm waiting for a night in the 30's or 40's, and then I'll make another video to compare. It feels like a completely different car when its cold outside.

With the eprom, I will install that when I install my 56 trim. I doubt I'll use the studderbox very much at least until I upgrade my clutch. 11's would be nice, but id be satisfied with low 12's on pump gas.

from what I can time from opoint of moving took you 12.5 seconds to get to 115 mph, if you can get a stronger launch and get off the stock clutch and really give it a breaking launch you should be able to see somewhere around 11 - 12 low with the right elements. I believe you car has the potential just need the right timing and clutch lawl.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
It's kind of hard to count exactly on that myspace video player. I guess I should have put it on youtube. I started counting the moment i dumped the clutch which was at around 5 seconds @10 seconds on the counter I was up to 60, @ 16 seconds I was at 100, @19 seconds I was to 115.

So subtract the time that I was BS'n before the launch, I was at about
0-60 - 5 secs
0-100 - 11 secs
0-115 - 14 secs
Not the most accurate way to record the times, but they are most likely within .5 secs of being correct.

Add your comment to this topic!