Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

jerking...

jg23
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I bought a used 1999 mercury mystique last year and have had many problems with it...in fact when I drove it off the lot 2 miles down the road it died due to the timing belt, which the "servicing" place replaced 4 different times in 3 months before I gave up and replaced it w/ a trusted mechanic and payed a pretty penny to get it done the right way. Besides this, i've had problems w/ my brakes and now my car is jerking. It mostly jerks when I'm idling, the worst is when I'm idling uphill or idling with the air conditioner on. It only has 70,000 miles on it. It also gets jerky when I'm driving it pulls back slightly ecspecially if I'm going uphill.....I read some guy had a similar problem and it was the timing belt was replaced one notch off and was causing the valves to open too soon? Anyone have any suggestions? :popcorn:

swiftknight23
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Possible reason for your brake problem could be, tires unevenly inflated, could need an alignment, you shold look at the brakes, make sure theirs no oily substance, make sure that the disks are the same thickness, then check the pads to make sure their the same thickness, another possible reason is a faulty caliper. Good Luck.

hope this helps

Terrell

Add your comment to this topic!