Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I know every has this problem but please HELP!!

MrSquishyy
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I have a frequently occuring TCS off light coming on, then my car wont accelerate over 2500 RPMs and if it you try it jerks and shake. Problem is fixed by restarting car, until it happens again. It seems to usually occur when driving up hill, when driving from highway back in the city (from 70 and going down to 40), on hot days it does it constantly. My car also seems to not fully accelerate when accelerating. It goes, but it kinda skips as it goes a lil bit. I have been told by many its not the transmission. I accidently cleared the codes and had to wait for them to finally come back on. They read P0725, P1000, and P1173. Are they related to my TCS Problem? Also while waiting for the P0725 and P1173 to come on it had P1000 on there and could not be deleted. Any help would be awesome, its so frustrating. Thanks in advance.

EllowViper
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
My Check Engine and TCS lights come on with the rev limiter hiotting at 2500. Two years ago when this happened the dealer charged $2k for a vacumm line replacement kit, timing belt, plugs, flush/fill, tranny service, belts, etc. Fixed the problem but really doesn't run all that different. Lat week the same thing happened. I limped into the same dealer and dropped off the car. They said they couldn't figure it out since they"cleared the codes" and that fixed the problem...on yea baby. Now it is doing it again and on my code reader, I'm getting P0105 "MAP Curcuit Malfunction". I clear it and the car runs fine for a day or so, and then the CEL and TCS lights come on and it goes into the limp home mode. A new MAP costs $175.00 but if its a simple vacuum hose issue, that's a bit harder to isolate. A service manual would sure be nice to see just where the MAP is located.

EllowViper
10-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Fixed. Pulled the plastic cover off the top of the engine and there is the bypass valve looking like the heart of the engine!! I looked at a few of the vacuum lines and there it was..very obvious deterioration/cracking on one that originated from a loom behind the engine and attaches adjacent to the bypass valve towards the inside on the engine. Spliced in a new three inch section and problem solved. What I find very interesting is the $800+ fees I paid two years ago to have all vacumm lines replaced and their corresponding "T"s , etc. I see a few new lines and "T"s, but in all reality, I could have done that quite simply myself. Also, there is no schematic under the hood/enginebay for any vacuum line routing like others have posted. I'm the original owner and do all my own work so i know if it was there, it should be there.

dqdsrautoforums
10-20-2007, 02:00 PM
On my 1995 legacy wgn the map sensor is on the front of the right[passenger] side wheel well. right next to it is the pressure switching solenoid.
Where did you find a sensor for $175? Cheapest Ifound was just over$200.Local parts store wants $250-260, and dealer is about $360 including tax.
Don

Add your comment to this topic!