Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil Everywhere

danthesk8er
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello again,
I had a small oil leak so I tried replacing the oil pan gasket because it appeared to be leaking from there. Now i have a huge problem. I drive the car and oil goes everywhere. I stop and out of some hole to the right side of the oil pan (looking from the front), (it think its the transmission), oil is pouring out of this little hole. I don't know whether it's suppose to be there or not. The oil goes everywhere. I know the leak is on the right side next to the transmission right on the oil pan. I've tried redoing the oil pan 2x now. 1st time was with a gasket the second time I just bought some gasket maker. Now I will do it a third time if that is the problem. I just don't want to do it again if that isn't the problem. Maybe someone could help me out. I have the Haynes manual and followed the direction for the install already.

kingkevin8
08-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Midas checks your car for free, but i'm not sure. You can always go there and ask.

danthesk8er
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the advice. I got it figured out. It just wouldn't seal so I didn't use the gasket except for the end caps. I bought some gasket maker the black stuff. Is working pretty good. Still a little oil but thats ok!

Add your comment to this topic!