Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior accent

JonB91
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
im thinking about getting a 06 honda accord 2 door
actually more than thinking, im pretty sure, anyways its black and the interior is really nice, i want to accent the interior with red

my question in in the interior what is the best way and what parts look good to accent

up creek no paddle
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm a 'Newbie' too and I've been searching for ways to accent my 2004 Civic, which has a bare interior (VP model). I ordered a dash kit from 'care4car' (something like that) on ebay. When I got the kit all of the pieces were scratched and the fit was horrendous. They've given me nothing but trouble in returning it and getting my money back...$100.00!
I've been looking around for vinal spray paint thinking I could just take the dash apart, spray it and reinstall. I have no idea if this would look good or not. I can't find a site that offers a variety of film that I could use instead of paint. I hope someone with experience responds to your question before I go tearing up my car again and making a mess...

up creek no paddle
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I've read in many threads that the interior paint ends up looking like crap. Could I accent my interior with 'Custom Chrome' molding strips? Will they stick and will it look like crap? I got them from PepBoys and it's 3M tape.......any suggestions or persons with experiences good or bad?

wiseguy01
08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
no they will fall off have a shop customize it fabrication

ThiRteeN
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
use regular primer, spray piant and clear coat......make sure it is really, really dry before putting the parts back in (i didn't) or the paint will chip or rub off. IMO it looks "ok"

Add your comment to this topic!