Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crank Position Sensor - '93 3.1 Euro

sgtstew
07-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Is the CPS a screw-in device? In some posts, I have read about loosening the rubber o-ring with brake cleaner. OR... is this just to be able to unplug the electrical connector.
Also, there are words that relate to being able to take off the oil pan and push the CPS out from within. I'm a bit confused....

Thanks

john51md
07-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Is the CPS a screw-in device? In some posts, I have read about loosening the rubber o-ring with brake cleaner. OR... is this just to be able to unplug the electrical connector.
Also, there are words that relate to being able to take off the oil pan and push the CPS out from within. I'm a bit confused....

Thanks

It has a small flat base that sits against the engine block, sorta egg shaped, the sensor sits on the right side of the egg, and the attaching bolt sits on the left side of the egg, sorta a oval flat base, once you remove the nut holding it in, it has a O ring seal on its shadt portion that protrudes into the block, O ring is to prevent oil loss, how ever the O ring gets hard and gunked up with burnt oil film and doesnt want to come out, so soaking it in anything that will disolve oil/grease/etc will help loosen it up, then gently twist and pull, if you break it off, oil pan removal is only way to get at the lower end and push it out. Take you time, lube over and over, twist easy..

Add your comment to this topic!