Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling system overheating.

danthesk8er
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Hello,
I posted about this problem a while ago and fixed what was wrong with it then. Whats happening is anytime I'm stopped in traffic, going through a drive through, pretty much anytime the car is idling it goes past the middle of the hot and cold then the fan on the car runs for about a minute cooling back down. I know this isn't normal operation. I have already replaced the head gasket, water pump, the thermostat, radiator cap, and the temperature sensor. I don't think a bubble is stuck in the system because i have run the car with the radiator cap off multiple times and burped the system. It could be possible there is a bubble in there somewhere but not likely, and if there is a bubble I can't think of any other way to get it out. I checked the coolant pH and it is right on. I can't think of anything else to do. I have flushed the system 2x now and still no improvements. It used to work just fine before my head gasket wore out and I replaced it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your time.

KManiac
07-07-2007, 05:07 PM
What you have described: Idling stationary, your temp gauge swings to about 2/3rd's to H, the fans start and run for a minute, the temp gauge swings back to 1/3rd to H and shut off.

Situation: NORMAL! My Shadow has done the same thing for over 14 years!

Don't start worrying until the gauges pegs out at full H and stays there.

danthesk8er
07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure because before all these problems I never payed attention to the temp gauge so I must not have realized this is normal. Thanks for you're help. It's always greatly appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!