Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

looking for a project car

williamjp
05-29-2007, 10:07 PM
hey

im looking for a project car something along the lines of a 68-73 barracuda, challenger, roadrunner, buick GS, mustang fastback, chevelle ss, nova ss, plymouth GTX, buick skylark or just anything thats around that age and is a muscle car. I plan on working on this car for a long time and i'm looking for something maybe for $3000-$7000. (i dont mind if its in pretty rough shape) and i plan to put alot more into it. Any suggestions or if anyone knows someone that is selling/or selling themselves please let me know.

thanks

crazy Jim
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
hemicuda for $3K have funwith all that....

williamjp
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
if you can read i said $3000-$5000 and i was listing some of my favorite cars, i also said or just anything around that age and is a muscle car. I'm also looking for something in pretty rough shape. I made this thread for getting advise from other people not useless posts from people like you...

MagicRat
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
not useless posts from people like you...

Welcome to AF.

You were doing fine until the last line. Please do not start any flame wars here!
If you find a post is not to your taste, please just ignore it.

What Jim was trying to say is that the cars you list simply are virtually never available for that price in any condition.

However, your price will buy many worthy project cars of that vintage. I would suggest buying a base model Chevelle, Tempest, Skylark etc, and work towards building a muscle car 'clone'. Buy the best, straightest, most rust free example you can find.
Many of the unique features and items that constitute a muscle car can be purchased in the aftermarket. Sure, your car will not be an original muscle car, but if you do the project right, it can look and pretty much perform like one.

Tates McHoolihan
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I disagree. I've been able to find many project cars in fairly nice condition for under 5000$. My car was just sitting in a yard and I got it for under 500$ and it isn't rusted completely through.

Add your comment to this topic!