Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo for rsx

Cyanide17
05-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Hi, im pretty new to the acura rsx world and i was wondering if turboing a regular rsx is possible, not the type S. Thanks for any info

Sitruc_bc
05-13-2007, 02:29 AM
It is possible. Anything is possible with cars mang! I don't know alot about the RSX, but there was a story in a Sport Compact Car, or Import Tuner magazine, whichever, and some guy boosted his RSX. There was a thread either on this forum or the Prelude forum, and it was pretty much a "which would win" kinda thing. People said the RSX doesn't do well with boost, but then again, people talk crap, and there are haters for everything, so yeah, go for it! Just be smart about it. ;) Later!

Cyanide17
05-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey! thanks for the information. Yeah, im just really doing my homework before i do anything, but at least i know it can be done and available. I just havent seen any kits for the rsx :( just the type S. Thanks again.

RSX-S777
05-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Base RSX responds very well to turbo. The Type-S would ideally need beefing to run turbo responsibly due to very high compression. I say "responsibly" because you could do it without internals, but longevity and reliability would be an issue.

B16Z6+S20
05-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Hello! since you have an RSX maybe you can help me out, i need to know what tipe of bulb goes in the low beam so i can get a pair for my RSX, i just bougth one and it doesnt have any but i dont know if they are H1, H4, 9007, 9006, etc. thanx

TEGasaurus
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Ya you can definately turbocharge that monster, but make sure you consider the resale value of the car and things like the factory warranty before you make the plunge (unless your a total badass and you laugh in the face of danger - then keep on trucking sir!) I would be very suprised if you couldnt find a prefabbed kit that was ready to rock and roll!

mmp1214
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
yes there is a turbo kit in production just for the rsx not the rsx-s, i think its made by greddy, im not sure if its easy as bolt on but i dont think its very hard to do just a lil tuning and hw, like everyone else said and u'll be just fine

Greenblurr93
10-01-2008, 08:24 AM
ugh, old thread... let it die....

Add your comment to this topic!