Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Seat Belt dinger

wmich06
05-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Is there any way to disable the driver seat belt dinger, it even beeps when the car is in park its getting real annoying. I have a '04 Mountaineer.:banghead::banghead:

wmich06
05-11-2007, 06:15 PM
anyone?

shorod
05-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Are you sure you are hearing the seat belt dinger? If you fasten your seat belt, does it stop dinging? Is the seat belt light on the dash on at the same time?

-Rod

wmich06
05-12-2007, 04:31 PM
yes its the seat belt, once i put it on the light and the dinging go away. I dont understand why they programmed it to ding when the cars in park????

shorod
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM
It's probably programmed that way so that you will remember to put your seat belt on before taking the vehicle out of park. I have a 2000 Mountaineer and I don't believe it dings in park unless I open the door, and that's not for the seatbelt.

According to the service manual for the 2000 Mountaineer:
"When the is turned to RUN or START from OFF or ACC, the chime will sound for six seconds or until the safety belt is buckled.

"The lamp will turn on for 60 seconds or until the driver safety belt is fastened. Both the chime and the lamp turn on at the same time.

"If the safety belt is buckled before the ignition switch is turned to RUN or START, from OFF or ACC, neither the chime nor lamp will be activated.

"Anytime the key is changed to RUN from START while the safety belt warning indicator is activated, the safety belt warning indicator will remain activated until either the timing sequence has been executed or the safety belt is buckled."

My 2004 Lincoln allows me to turn the chime off and the instructions on how to do it are listed in the owner's manual. You may want to check there.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!