Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help - Mysterious - Must Ask For Help

kgaskins
05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Went out - had a GREAT TIME! My wife and her girlfriend in the back seat while me and her friends husband in the front.

Next day - went to clean the car out and noticed the rear floor mat on the passenger side was SOAKED! I thought maybe the wife had spilled her water bottle...and when I asked her about it, she hadn't had a water bottle in my car.

SO - I dried it and forgot about it. That was about two weeks ago. This morning I decided to check again - I have no idea why, and sure enough, when I lifted the mat, it was wet again. I decided to pull the front passenger mat as well...you guessed it - wet. Pull the lower dash out under the glove box, dry as can be.

I HAVE NO IDEA! HELP! I dont want my G35 to start growing mold or something worse!

Thanks in advance -
Keith & Jade (name of my car) LOL

bigdatl
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Does the liquid have a sweet smell? Your heater core may be the culprit. check under the hood to see if you are low on antifreeze

shorod
08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I realize this post is old and probably not being monitored currently. However, for those that actually use the search function, this info may be helpful in the future.

If the wetness does not smell like coolant, but stale water, the liquid may in fact be water from the evaporator core housing. If so, your evaporator housing drain is probably plugged. Find the drain outlet from under the car, near the lower end of the firewall. Carefully insert a piece of mechanic's wire or similar into the drain hole to unplug it. I'd suggest bending a loop on the end of the wire that gets inserted into the drain. That way if you insert the wire too far, you don't risk poking a hole in the evaporator core.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!