Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Low Blower Fuse (20 amp)/Power Drop Socket???

STONEBOSS1
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Was replacing a fuse(cig), and I noticed that the Low Blower Fuse socket was fuseless. So I inserted a 20 amp fuse as instructed by the fuse diagram. Question is what is the Low Blower. Also I located a plug that says Power Drop. Its 3 wires, black(15A)grnd, yellow(10A) ignition and org(5A)bat. On the fuse block diagram its fused to a 7.5 amp fuse. What is this for?

BNaylor
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Are you having any HVAC problems? I believe the Low Blower fuse is used for the manual dual climate control system. It may not be used if you have a automatic climate control system (ACC). If you have a manual HVAC when the fuse is blown you will not have any blower operation.

The Power Drop connector is an auxillary power outlet which is supposed to work only when ignition is at ACC or RUN.

STONEBOSS1
04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your response BNaylor. Good hearing from you again. Well I guess I will eliminate that Low Blower Fuse. I have auto climate. But can I utilize that fuse for other future accessories that are 20A rated. Are those wires leading to a plug on the end. Secondly. The power drop socket. What type of accessories can I utilize that for. It's only a 7.5A fuse.

BNaylor
04-26-2007, 08:18 AM
You're welcome.

You know that is a good question. I have not figured that out myself. Like you said the cig lighter and convenience receptacle are rated much better on current - 20 amps. Definitely not too useful. The only good feature it is switched and not hot at all times.

mikpointe
08-30-2017, 02:40 PM
BNAYLOR - Thank you!! I had the same question, and this popped right up. :)

Add your comment to this topic!