Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

buying an rvr

Joanna
10-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Hi all,

Got a problem here. Desperately wanna buy a Mitsubishi RVR but my dilemma is the transmission type. Many local dealers have mentioned problems with automatic transmission on this model.

Any suggestions help would be appreciated with information as to quality and reliability of this car in general plus the transmission question.

Look forward to recieving some replies!

Thanks in advance

Joanna

Davidnz
10-07-2003, 03:01 AM
Hi all,

Got a problem here. Desperately wanna buy a Mitsubishi RVR but my dilemma is the transmission type. Many local dealers have mentioned problems with automatic transmission on this model.

Any suggestions help would be appreciated with information as to quality and reliability of this car in general plus the transmission question.

Look forward to recieving some replies!

Thanks in advance

Joanna

My understanding is that from 1998 onwards a modified gearbox is used. I have a 1998 and todate have no problems. My son also has a 1998 with much higher k's and he has no problems.

tikiman7
11-13-2003, 07:48 AM
I just bought a 98 X2 exported from Japan. It has the new tiptronic type automatic. There aren't many (I may have the first on the road) here on Grand Cayman. I originally wanted a 5 speed but the tiptronic seemed like a good compromise. MMC has been using the tranny on a lot of their cars since 98 and I haven't seen any bad press. Good luck.

RVREVO
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
I've had my '97 Jap-import RVR Sportsgear X2 since July 2005, and although I was skeptical at first with the tiptronic gearbox I found that the new shape model is by far a lot quicker than my old Chariot.

My only qualm is that there is no workbook manual of this model.

Add your comment to this topic!