Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Uh, why do you Z guys even bother racing F-Bodies/Mustangs? I mean...

Pages : [1] 2 3

ZV3
10-02-2002, 09:38 PM
honestly, who cares what a guy in a cheap dime-a-dozen Mustang or Crapmaro thinks about you if he *might* win a 0-60 race? I used to own a 300ZX and now have an M3, and those Camaro guys constantly want to race and I just nod and go about my business. If I had one of the nice, new 350 Z's I would not waste my time on those type of cars.
By the way a guy here at work just bought one, and it's very nice, much better looking in person but has a smallish interior. Anyway, if I was a Trans Am/Mustang owner I would not come to this forum and brag about beating a new Z by a tenth of a second or so. A V-8 against a six cylinder, and all you can manage to do is *barely* beat it? Shameful.
Imagine if the Japanese decide to make a performance V-8? 8 against 8 I would put my money on the Japanese to win by a large margin. American cars are simply unreliable crap. Hell, the new BMW M3 has only 10 horsepower less than the Vette. The M5? More horsepower than the regular Vette. Anyway, I would not waste my time racing those
American F-Bodies/Mustangs because what kind of bragging right is that?
"Hey Joe, I beat a Trans Am today!" I REALLY dislike those cars, no refinement at all. A 0-60 race is only less than 1% of the time we spend in our cars, the rest is DRIVING so for me to put up with American bad reliability, rattles and shakes, all that exhaust racket, bad interiors and plastics, and the dime-a-dozen depreciation and satisfaction of owning a cheap vehicle that everybody and my Grandma owns, well it's not worth it just to say "I beat that Z car by a tenth of a second, but I can't corner worth a damn!" Those American Iron boys need to get a clue, it's not about 0-60. Hell, I bought my M3 so I could cut through mountain passes
with the precision of a surgeon, not for 0-60 races which are hard on vehicles. They can keep that. Heck, if your a good driver you can make up for that couple tenths of a second against those guys anyway!!!

stacEbabe
10-23-2002, 03:27 AM
You go man!!! He.He. I completely agree with you. My boyfriend has a '94 camaro and is thinking that he could beat a Z. I dunno, I think that the Z would do well in races, that kinda thing is fun for me. But you're right about the majority of American made cars, not all, but most are P.O.S. You have to drive a car for more than just racing. :smoka:

warpedmindZ
10-24-2002, 12:41 PM
i own a 350 Z and i can tell you that this car will out perform almost any of the american v8s on the road. not only does it handle much better and get much better gas miles. it has a much sexier look than those damn mustangs that people by because they thing that they are getting a high performance car. if they were to drive a Z for one day they would most definatly change there mind about the hole american made only thing.

stacEbabe
10-24-2002, 01:50 PM
Hey Warped,
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy a Z or not. I've been hearing mixed opionions. Do you have any problems with the Z? Like maybe stereo or blind spots? Those are the most common complaints that I hear. :silly2:

sportsfan
10-26-2002, 01:04 AM
Uh ZV3
Its not about 0 to 60 its about the 1/4 mile. its the rumble of a V8,not a 6 cylinder. Its the feel of pound feet of torque planting your butt in the seat. The loud exhaust ringing in your ears. If you don't get it you just don't get it. I drove a friend of mines brand new 350Z and i will tell you thats a mighty fine piece of machine they made. The body work,the wheels, the handling,the inside was awesome,all in all great car. I on the other hand drive a 2002 Trans Am WS6 LS1. Traded my 99 Camaro SS in on it. Mine 32k his 37k I love my car plastic and all. His didn't plant my butt in the seat, mine does. thats what i wanted thats what i got. i dont go lookin to race 350z's i want some competition like say a 03 Cobra,or a C5 Of course i had to add a little extra goodies like 3:73's a yank 3500 TC, SLP lid, loudmouth exhaust, etc etc etc but i knew that goin in. Its what you want from the ride. if you enjoy the Z thats great but no reason to put down f-bodies.:sun: Go ahead and dis the stangs though i'm all for that.

Spazpilot
11-27-2002, 11:43 PM
my 350z at the track ennis tx. 14.6 at98.7 a new ws6 13.5 at 105 new mustang cobra 2003 12.9 at 111. saw these times my self all stock and pretty close to road and track times and all about the same price. its all what you like.

Sick TypeS
11-28-2002, 01:45 AM
i'll race anyone in any thing...i don't care...it's all for fun, when i'm lined up at the track with a vett or grand national or something, i know i'm gonna get burnt, but who gives a fuq really???

...comparing mustangs to almost any import is like comparing apples and oranges, they were designed for different purposes (in a racing point of view)...

p.s. why are you so pissed off at mustang/domestic car owners anyway? did something happen in your past that you would like to share with us?:rolleyes:

TOO Z MAXX
11-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Thats right, dont bother racing an fbody because you know you will get your butt handed to you.;) In a sraight line that is.
Dont jump all over me , I am considedring buying a new Z and either keeping my SS or selling it. I really like the new Z's and since I have really got into auto x lately I think the Z might be a better car for that. I am really looking forward to seeing one at the auto x and see how they compare to my SS.

ZV3 you kind of sound like a sore looser.:p

Lord Rahl
12-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Once there's an aftermarket I/E/H for the 350Z those f bodies are'nt even gonna hang in 0-60 let alone in handling.

New2Zcars
12-08-2002, 12:55 AM
Muscle cars and sports cars are apples and oranges. F bodies are great. American V8's have very flat torque curves which make them great for hauling boats, work trucks, even rockcrawling, etc. The new LS6 from chevy is a world class engine. There's a reason the vette is always mentioned in the same sentence as the high dollar sportscars. 1/3 the price of a Ferrari and can still hang... I have an old chevy 400 easily cranking out 425+h.p. with minimal $$ invested compared to what it takes to get power out of a smaller engine...especially high dollar import upgrades. I can pull my own engine, rebuild it completely, drop it back in, and have it fired up in a lazy weekend...or one day if I were pressed. There are advantages to antiquated american technology. Granted the LS1 engines aren't anywhere near the same as my old small block.

I'm planning to get a Z soon because for the money I think it is the best sports car available. If I get smoked by a F body oh well...I could hypothetically just go home, fire up the old chevy, and hope to run into him again. But I certainly will not belittle his choice of car because I lost a sophomoric freeway race to him. I know a guy who beat a Ferrari in an S2000! So you never know, the Z car might just spank the F body under the right circumstances and with the proper driver. But I will defend the latest generation of F bods as being very competent MUSCLE cars.

What's better.... a jet ski or a ski boat? Depends what you consider fun for the money. What's better...a sports car or a muscle car? I assume since this is a Z car forum everyone here prefers sportscars...but why trash musclecars? America makes the greatest straight line rolling missles on the planet. And I'm proud of all our long straight desert highways that let american musclecars shine in all their linear glory.

Jay!
12-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Moved to Car Comparisons; title tweaked slightly...

toothlessracer
12-08-2002, 10:58 AM
In regards to blind spots, it depends what kind of cars you've driven in the past. I've had Camaro and Ecli;se and the Z's visibility is about the same. But if you've never driven these types of cars it will be hard at first to bet used to it. Expecially backing up and lanes changes. So far I have 1100 miles on mine and I've raced a 300 ZX and two Mustangs on my brother-in law's and my boss. Beat all three. Not bad, I figure the car will get quicker once I have more miles on it. For those guys who like stop light races. Turn off TCS and lauch @ 1800 - 2000 RPM you'llget a little wheel sping on first and also when you first get into second. But you'll get those 0-60 in about 5.4 or 5.5 I mesaured by latter G got a .96 which is great on Pirelly P-Zero.

ox03
12-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Careful ZV3...

WakkaWu
12-08-2002, 04:09 PM
You people are crazy.A Z WILL not beat a 2002 Camaro or Mustang or Vette.All of those would BURN the Z.I see you guys are more import freaks that are under the impression that they are the best.NEWS FLASH!!!:Your wrong!!!!!!!Dont get me wrong,imports are great beutiful cars and I love them but they arent the fastest cars on the road.

Moppie
12-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Since when was the Z an import?
It has more American than Japanese infulence in its design and enginering . :rolleyes:

WakkaWu
12-09-2002, 06:04 AM
Its not a Japanese car?

Moppie
12-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by WakkaWu
Its not a Japanese car?

For it to be a Japanese car it would have to be designed and built excluisvly in Japan.
However much of the design and enginering for the new Z was done in the USA, the car was designed largly by Americans for Americans, and Nissan will be aiming to sell more in the US than anywhere else in the world.
Its like a lot of "American Domestics" are actualy designs from Ford or GM in Europe, and are made in Brazil, and the only conection they have with the US is that they are sold there. Yet many ppl still consider them "domestics" rather than "imports".
The whole distinction is archiehic, and should have been left in the late 70s where it had some truth.

vortech
12-09-2002, 06:02 PM
big deal----the 350z without a turbo isn't going to scare any Eaton/Cobras----not the very least------specially when you open it up to slam down 500rwtq----needless to say, the 350z is pretty good------but pretty good doesn't put an 03 snake in your rear view mirror. The 350Z has a long way to go to put fear into any top dog. I love the carbon fiber driveshaft though. swap the gears though in the 350Z----and you have a sub 5 sec. car. Personally, 0-60 doesn't mean shit. 1/4 mile sprints are more of a tell all than anything---thats where power assessment has to be focused on.

longlivetheZ
12-09-2002, 07:05 PM
Ah....classic argument with NO real winner....EVER. Oh well. I have a bitter hatred for muscle cars. As one post said....no refinement. However, it does come down to the tastes of the buyer. 5.4 0-60 is still REALLY fast....how fuckin fast does this famed stang that everyone is talking about go?! Can't be ALL that much faster! Besides...the Z is so efficient (did you know it's actually a LEV?...impressive for a sub 5.5 second 0-60 car...) that with a few mods, I don't think it would have TOO much trouble keepin up with just about anything you can sling it's way.

Another thing....1/4 mile races....never really understood em.....it's really hard on the car, it's so fuckin short...there's not much to it, really. Wanna race a mile race?

If you want the fastest thing on the road either A: buy a McLaren F1 (0-60 in 3.3 sec) or B: buy a super bike.

FUN FACT: The 1998 Mustang Cobra has a 0-60 time of 5.8 sec!!!....WORSE THEN THE Z!!!!! HAAAA.
Source: http://www.ventifrap.com/cobra/specs.html

WakkaWu
12-09-2002, 07:36 PM
The point is that the Z will not beat a Stang,Trans Am or Vette

vortech
12-10-2002, 05:52 AM
is not even close. 5.4 is pretty fast----but a sad fast mark considering how close in price both the Z and 03 are. I have a buddy who just bought the G35 coupe----of which is very close to the Z----I've driven it on a highway----pretty quick------but not pretty fast. The 03 Cobra in stock form is still much quicker than the Z. Its the new Z06 running mate. The only reason previous Cobras just had no zip----is because they are all equipped with the lame as 3:27 gears. How the hell are you going to get anywhere fast with that rearend? Those cars were made for 4:10. and that 4:10 snake----still takes out the Z. But of course----there are many more ways to compare a car---other than straight sprint time----that much---I agree with you bro.:smoker:

turbo2nr
12-10-2002, 09:53 AM
u people are jus puttin a stock v-6 against a stock v-8!

what if u modifyed both of them......
i would have 2 go with the z cause in japan in 1 or those races where they put japs n american cars racing together the vq35dett (350zmotor) came in overall in 3rd place!
btw place 1 and 2 belongs to the supra!

wat im tryin 2 say is that once the turbo packages comes out for the 350z the will be a force to be recokned wit!

nuff said!
:sun:

WakkaWu
12-10-2002, 03:05 PM
But the Snake Vette and Trans all weigh much more than the Z.The Z is much lighter so the fact that its a V6 against a V8 shouldnt matter too much.And if you put 20 grand into both of them the Snake and F-bodies are still going to win.The Z has 287HP.Even with a turbo package do you think that it will beat the Vette which has 405HP,Snake with 390HP and Trans Am with 325HP?

turbo2nr
12-10-2002, 03:19 PM
a vq35de wit 20g invested into da motor can easily make over 450hp @ da weels
have u ever seen a tunned 300z
those have about the same motor except for sum minor changes.

so 20g into a 350z motor in a 350z and it will make 450+ hp no problem!!!!

Moppie
12-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sr20det2nr

so 20g into a 350z motor in a 350z and it will make 450+ hp no problem!!!!

Be fair here:
But 20grand into a small block chev and it will make a hell of a lot more then 450hp. More like twice that number.

WakkaWu
12-10-2002, 03:43 PM
450HP?I highly doubt it.Where are you getting your information?

TOO Z MAXX
12-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by WakkaWu
But the Snake Vette and Trans all weigh much more than the Z.The Z is much lighter so the fact that its a V6 against a V8 shouldnt matter too much.And if you put 20 grand into both of them the Snake and F-bodies are still going to win.The Z has 287HP.Even with a turbo package do you think that it will beat the Vette which has 405HP,Snake with 390HP and Trans Am with 325HP?

Wrong

The Z06 is actually lighter than a 350Z
According to Car and Driver the 350Z Touring weighs in at 3363. I weighed my my Camaro SS at the track and it came in at 3340. That was with the backseat and spare tire out of the car. I dont have the exact weight of the Vette but it is about 200 lbs lighter than a Camaro. The TA for some reason is a tank and usually comes in just above 3500 lbs.

Also the 2000 and up Vette, Trans Am and Camaro are also LEV rated.

longlivetheZ
12-11-2002, 03:17 AM
The engine code on the 350 Z engine is VQ35DE, not VQ35DETT. TT signifies a Twin Turbo, like the VG30DETT as in the Z32TT (90-96 300 ZX Twin Turbo). We'll make all you mother fuc*ers eat your words now. When we get a Z33TT, you'll fuckin choke on em.

The Z will not beat a Stang (YEA FUCKIN RIGHT, MAN) a Trans Am (wrong a-gaaaaaaaain) is a fuckin joke. Me and my neighbor raced a 4.6L gt stang and beat the shit out of him in his GTA Trans Am. MY 86 2+2 beat that TA in any thing he threw about an hour and a half ago. So I can beat the shit out of a stock 4.6 Stang, and a Stock GTA TA. The Vette would be a good race....especailly if it's a Z06 against the new Z. The regular new skool vette starts at 43K. That's a lot more then the base for a 350....and a LOT more for the Z06. I actually like the new vettes. Beautiful cars. The Z06 is one BAD bitch too. They're just really expensive. Who'd win against a new Z and a Vette...a Vette. But they're more expensive too. If I got the Track Z (~33K) and dumped the remainder that I'd spend on the Vette into the Z, I bet I'd win...and STILL be a LEV. The TA, Cam, and Vette are LEV...where'd you hear that? No where on the Chevy website do I see LEV for the Vette. I'm too drunk to look for the Camaro. I'm goin to bed soon. The Vette gets 18/19MPG in the city....you're tellin me THAT'S a Low Emission Vehicle???.....................

I think the new Z would make a lot more then 450hp if you dumped that much into it. Saying you could dump 20K into ANYTHING is just dumb...I could probably dump twenty thousand dollars into a fuckin Dodge Caravan and make it pretty fuckin fast, man. That's just stupid. That's a shit load of money.

I cannot find ANY 0-60 stats on a 2003 ShitStain Cobra. If that's the car that I'm thinkin of, it is pretty bad. But it's, once again, more expensive.

I'm gunna go pass out now.

--Peace out, Yo.....

Moppie
12-11-2002, 04:07 AM
Dont ya love posting while drunk! :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper

Neutrino
12-11-2002, 05:04 AM
Well i would say 350Z versus the Mach1 mustang has been answered by Car and Driver. The mustang beat the 350z in a straight line but got wooped on the track.

I would suspect that this will be the result of most fights between 350Z and f bodies/mustang. The v8's will win hand down in the 1/4 but lose on a track to the fairlady.

93vtecer
12-11-2002, 05:18 AM
American car engineering is just way behind the power curve. Honda puts out a 4 cylinder 2.0 engine that puts out 240hp. The same as a mustang gt with an engine over twice the size. Yes the Mustang has a lot more torque but at the end of the quarter mile track the s2000 will come in first every time. My buddies sentra se-r has the sr20det j-spec engine, on 10lbs of boost (just 2 lbs over stock) he's beaten almost every slowmestic on the street, to include the elusive corvette, no it wasnt the zr1 or the z04, but a corvette nun the less. At the track he has hit 14.6's consistenely (at lacr, considered to be a slow track due to elevation). He paid 1500 for the car and 2000 for the engine talk about bang for the buck. And there are lots of cars like theese. Unfortunately due to the High emmission laws you do not see the japaneese engineering, and when you do it is toned down and overpriced. However they lower the emission standards for those crappy suv's people like which I dont understand but that is another subject. Japaneese engineers make so much more power with less, If theese american engineers are so great how come they dont do anything big with a four cylinder or a six cylinder. I take that back the new svt neon that is supercharged is coming out, I admit that it is fast and cheap, but its competition is the subaru wrx and the mitsubishi evo which comes out soon and the evo puts out close to 300hp although rated at 280. You can say yeah but they both cost over 10000 compared to the neon, but that is because you got those crappy taxes your paying for because no one wants to buy american, and that is the only way they can compete. The six cylinder mustang and camero gets you nowhere fast, comparable to a stock civic in speed.
If I can keep up with you if not beat you in my 2.2 prelude that runs 14.9 na take out 4 of your spark plugs to make it fair (I'll let you pick.) And you'll see how fast your slowmestic will get you with an engine comparable in size to mine

WakkaWu
12-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Dont ya love posting while drunk!
You are very correct there.lol.

The Z will not beat a Stang (YEA FUCKIN RIGHT, MAN) a Trans Am (wrong a-gaaaaaaaain) is a fuckin joke. Me and my neighbor raced a 4.6L gt stang and beat the shit out of him in his GTA Trans Am. MY 86 2+2 beat that TA in any thing he threw about an hour and a half ago. So I can beat the shit out of a stock 4.6 Stang, and a Stock GTA TA. The Vette would be a good race....especailly if it's a Z06 against the new Z. The regular new skool vette starts at 43K. That's a lot more then the base for a 350....and a LOT more for the Z06. I actually like the new vettes. Beautiful cars. The Z06 is one BAD bitch too. They're just really expensive. Who'd win against a new Z and a Vette...a Vette. But they're more expensive too. If I got the Track Z (~33K) and dumped the remainder that I'd spend on the Vette into the Z, I bet I'd win...and STILL be a LEV. The TA, Cam, and Vette are LEV...where'd you hear that? No where on the Chevy website do I see LEV for the Vette. I'm too drunk to look for the Camaro. I'm goin to bed soon. The Vette gets 18/19MPG in the city....you're tellin me THAT'S a Low Emission Vehicle???.....................

Well duh,of course it will beat a stock Mustang.I know it wont beat the a snake though(Cobra)Yea,it would probably beat an '86TA but a brand new Trans Am?Wake up from dreemland dude.Your crazy.A VETTE AGAINST THE Z?Are you mad?The Vette wold BURN the Z BY FAR!405HP against 287HP?wow.Sorry but when your drunk then you almost dont know anything.

Neutrino
12-11-2002, 06:26 AM
Ok people you need to be more specific. Not just say the TA will walk all over the z. Specify on what kind of race. I mean take a z06 and go rally racing you won't finnish 1/10 of the course with all 400hp. Just brute force won't be enough to win certain type or races there are many other factors.

Lord Rahl
12-11-2002, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WakkaWu .NEWS FLASH!!!:Your wrong!!!!!!!Dont get me wrong,imports are great beutiful cars and I love them but they arent the fastest cars on the road.

Maybe not the fastest but overall performance is almost always better on imports than domestics. Not to mention reliability and effeciency. Import engine design is light years better. I'd take an M3 over a Vette any day.

turbo2nr
12-11-2002, 08:22 AM
450HP?I highly doubt it.Where are you getting your information?

well in a super street issue the skylines at a big race in japan competing in the gt-500 class were powered by vq35 motors, they then twin turboed those motors so they are now vq35dett motors and to be in the gt500 class they have to make 500hp,...

..so there for i think you can get an easy 500 hp form a twin turbo vq35,

also the vq35 isnt that much different from the old vg30dett dound in the 300z n if u no about cars u know that those motors can easily but out 600+hp, now the vq has .5 more liters so there for i think that it can put out a little more then 600 hp, but only time will tell!!

:cool:

WakkaWu
12-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Not to mention reliability and effeciency

My family owns a mechnics garage and I can tell you that 70% of the cars that go into that shop to drop in new engines or repairs are imports.
:)

also the vq35 isnt that much different from the old vg30dett dound in the 300z n if u no about cars u know that those motors can easily but out 600+hp, now the vq has .5 more liters so there for i think that it can put out a little more then 600 hp, but only time will tell!!

But they dont even put those in the Z.Would more than 5L even fit under the hood of a Z?

turbo2nr
12-11-2002, 10:23 AM
im not sure but the vg30dett would fit in the 350z cause the vq35 is also a v-6 but then again the vg has a twin turbo setup so it might take some time fitting it....
........but i would rather take the money and work the 350z and twin turbo that motor!

WakkaWu
12-11-2002, 01:00 PM
True,True

cobraman03
12-11-2002, 01:26 PM
THE 350Z IS A NICE CAR.FOR $34500 YOU GET 287HP THAT RUNS 14.4 1/4 @98MPH AND PULLS .88GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THE CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3370LBS.THE 3.5 V6 IS A NICE ENGINE.THE ZO6 COST $52000 WITH 405HP AND RUNS THE 1/4 IN 12.85 @114 AND PULLS .94GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THAT CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3118LBS.MY COBRA COST ME $34750 WITH 390HP AND RUNS 12.84@114 IN THE 1/4.THE SKIDPAD IS .91GS AND TIPS THE SCALE AT 3665LBS.0-60 TIMES ARE 5.8 350Z,4.6 ZO6, 4.6 COBRA.0-100 TIMES ARE 15.1 350Z,10.7 ZO6 AND 10.6 COBRA.TOP SPEEDS ARE 153MPH 350Z,168MPH ZO6 AND 155MPH COBRA.THE 350Z IS OUT OF ITS CLASS COMPARED TO THESE TWO AMERICAN CARS.ON THE TRACK THE 350Z WOULD NOT STAY WITH THE ZO6 OR THE COBRA.THESE ARE STOCK CARS FROM THE FACTORY WITH NO CHANGES.DON'T TALK ABOUT PUTTING $$$$$ INTO THE ENGINE BECAUSE ALL CARS CAN GET FASTER WITH $$$$.THESE ARE NUMBERS FROM CAR MAGS IN THE U.S.I HAVE GONE 12.41@115 WITH A CHANGE OF SHIFTERS.IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME WHY A 350Z IS BETTER PLEASE TELL ME.

turbo2nr
12-11-2002, 01:35 PM
as much as i hate american cars i got to give them respect cause for that price range the vette and the stang are better then the 350z right out the factory.i admit dat.(i feel all nasty now!)
but if u hook up these cars the 350z will rune the vette and stang out the water!

no disrespect to u cobraman but 4 $34750 i can have a 11s car or even 10sec using a sr20det motor in a 240sx.

ill leave it at that!

cobraman03
12-11-2002, 01:39 PM
FOR $500 MY CAR CAN RUN 11S AND HAVE THAT NEW CAR SMELL.I LIKE IMPORTS BUT YOU CAN'T BY YOUR SPEED FROM THE FACTORY.

turbo2nr
12-11-2002, 01:45 PM
i no its a whole other ball game when u start hookin up your car
good luck wit ur cobra
my be 1 day when i get a car we'll race
who noes?

Dave of D.I.
12-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Im a straight out Honda guy with a slight crush on cars such as the new Z, 94+RX7's and 94+ Supras,new M3, Mustang Cobra and NSX but since I cant offord those cars yet Im forced to pick on mustangs with my 1990Integra LS 1.8 killa Bmotor. Dont take it the wrong way I do love the sound of a V8 I just dont respect the trash talking I hear from the drivers. I love the look on their faces as my Integra with a stock engine runs past their V8's. I think its sad for a 1.8 V4 with some mods to spank a 5.0V8; these V8 drivers have set themselves up by always down playing little engines made for example by Honda. I have a friend with a stock 1.8Vtec GSR engine in his civic coupe and a computer mod beat a 5.0 that was at Hunts point burning rubber; the funny thing is my friend called him out while he was:rolleyes: burning rubber all over the place trying to empress everyone. Anyway to see a 1.8 4cyl stock keep up with the rumble of a 5.0 V8:p as the 1.8 4cyl missed 3rd gear and began to pass him when he finally got into 3rd correctly was a silly thing! You shoulda seen the mustang drivers face:eek: !LOL! Anyway just to let yah know you dont want the imports to go into V8 power cause american muscle or not the imports would win; you got enough trouble with their 4's. Once again dont take me in the wrong way I actaully plan on getting a mustang later on in life(cobra!) but all U import haters:finger: and I dont see how a stock mustang will beat the new Z unless it says saleen or Cobra on it! To the muscle heads who dont talk shit to the imports have fun racing and be safe but to the shit talkers have fun and be safe when your racing :finger: . Oh yeah compare your stock Mustangs to skylines, Rx7's, Supras, Z's, 3000GT turbo, S2000 and NSX's not the 1.8 4cyl eventhough we still beat you.LOL. later.

turbo2nr
12-11-2002, 02:45 PM
hey dave im from nyc, qnz
yo dat civic is a white hatch wit black rims?

ohh yea btw by postin dat story u know u starting alot of trouble rite?
hope u can handle it........
good luck..

o yea when waz u at huch point?

cause i go sum time when i get a ride up there.

cobraman03
12-11-2002, 03:59 PM
5.0 MUSTANGS HAVE 215HP AND RUN 15S. STOCK MUSTANG GTS HAVE 260HP AND RUN 14.0@100.STOCK SUPRA 320HP 13.6@106.300ZX TURBO 14.5@97.STOCK 3000GT TURBO 320HP 13.9@100.STOCK S2000 240HP 14.4@98.STOCK NSX 290HP 13.1@107.STOCK RX-7 255HP 14@99.STOCK SKYLINE 276HP(YEAH RIGHT) 12.8@109.THESE ARE ALL BADASS CARS.THE MUSTANG GT COST $10000 LESS THAN THE S2000.THE INTEGRA TYPE-R WAS A NICE CAR BUT COST $25000 AND RUNS 15.4 1/4.THIS IS NOT IMPORT HATIN ITS JUST THE FACTS.

Dave of D.I.
12-11-2002, 05:19 PM
LOL. Damn:D By posting this I wasnt trying to get myself into any trouble!LOL. Anyway The civic that beat that mustang was a 1993coupe, its not a white one, this ones not even from the bronx! I wont describe this car because he has some other things in plan for it and if I tell exactly how it looks and how the driver looks than Im sure Im gonna cost him some cash; he's trying to keep this car a sleeper, and no its not covered in stickers or anything like that. Those guys who get completely upset over my first message and start to act up can kiss my azz. Yeah Im a Honda guy and Im gonna rep. it until Im tired of it and find something else which I really dont see happening. Notice I dont really attack other american brands, thats because Im just tired of hearing some NOT ALL mustang guys talk about imports like their nothen; those guys know who they are. Im cool with a couple of muscle car owners and yeah sometimes they get on the imports but thats kinda expected but they dont do it to the point where its just plain insulting. I've seen plenty of KillerMustangs and have even spoke to all their owners(yes if I like your car I will let yah know muscle or import), whether they where supercharge, turbo, or NOZ all those guys didnt act up when it came down to just talking about what car a racer drives. Hearing an azz say "oh you drive rice eater" gets kinda annoying; sure its funny at times jokes are jokes but anyone whose really into there car knows that certain things just need to be not said. Whether its an Import or a Muscle car each group deserves its respect. And for all you meanies :mad: I expect to answer this:flipa: just for you. Hopefully there are some guys/ladies who understand what Im trying to say. Im not a Muscle Car Hater just someone who gets pissed off when some people disrespect imports. I was at English Town a month ago and saw how badassed (meaning good LOL) muscle cars can get!!! I really dont care who I piss off and NO Im not gonna meet up somewhere to race your mustang LOL :smoka: I'll find you! I'll be that Black integra reving up right next to U at the light ready to wipe that smile off your face and go! Once again to all you :bloated: who get this message twisted:finger: I DONT HATE MUSCLE BUT I DO LUV MY IMPORTS! Import or Muscle make sure U have fun and be safe at doing it.:argue: LOL. Yall better pray I dont get my hands on that 1994RX7; Cant we all just get along?

vortech
12-11-2002, 05:38 PM
you guys are arguing stock vs. stock----which is shit vs. shit. The 03 Cobra is 500rwtq capable-----and swap those 3:55s for 4:10s and that Cobra blows by a Viper & Vette. I could care less one of you guys chiming in well----the stock vettte this or the stock Viper that will beat a stock Cobra. Ford had to meet emission standards in order to build 8,500 blown Cobras. So they choked the hell out of the intake and exhaust----and ran a 8lb pulley. Were they able to get by the gov't restraints---we could have easily seen 15psi---and 600 flywheel hp off the floor. Would never happen if if they were allowed by gov't standards---because Ford wouldn't tread on its aftermarket arms---but you get the picture. The M3 is the total package as far as imports are concerned. Balance, luxury, affordability----overall bang for the buck ------- definetely the M3. Poer for the buck----thats definetely the 03 Cobra. I say power---because the stock K-member has to go----the stang needs coilovers, lowering springs, subframes, etc.----to be a force in a Gt race or slalom. But in reality------those mods I spoke of-----don't even get you to the price of a Z06 or an M3 coupe. The 03 is pretty damn wicked. Would rather have a 5.0 liter engine in it------because they will easily make more power than the current 4.6 slow poke.

Dave of D.I.
12-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Yo Cobraman:
you gotta consider these cars (all the imports U listed) are all Imports which mean they get taxed extra so that the American cars can remain more competitive in this market so the age old excuse of well their all too expensive can be directed to the government which do it so the Japs wont explode in the market. In all reality if the government alowed the Imports to sell their product(cars) without that tax to slow them down the american car sellers would have a big problem. Cars like the Type R are worth that much just because the public is willing to pay $25,000 for it; and to be honest the Type R which is probably my favorite shouldnt and isnt compared to Import SuperCars, its not made to battle against stock power like those cars its a well balanced (power and handling) car made to battle on road courses not the 1/4mile, you have to admit 195hp and 10rpm coming out of a 1.8 4 is deff impressive. And another thing do U have a Cobra? If yes which one and can I get the stock specs on it if you dont mind. Thanx.

To Sr20det2nr:
we were mostly at HuntsPoint this summer but near the end it got really dead cause the cops locked it down really bad; I mean they had road blocks at all the know racing spots. Right now its mostly a matter of going to the Point and praying the cops dont have it locked down.

Polygon
12-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking about.

This is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

Now for power. I have one word for you, HEMI! Go ahead and make a V8 and watch it be eaten alive by a Hemi.

As for reliability, everyone makes shit. I have seen PLENTY of shitty ass imports driving around. We never have any abnormal problems with our Chryslers, just routine maintenance.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars.

HemiGeorge
12-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Polygon
Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking about.

This is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

Now for power. I have one word for you, HEMI! Go ahead and make a V8 and watch it be eaten alive by a Hemi.

As for reliability, everyone makes shit. I have seen PLENTY of shitty ass imports driving around. We never have any abnormal problems with our Chryslers, just routine maintenance.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars.
show em' how its done polygon! I agree you all need to take a step back and look at the biased arguments you been posting.

vortech
12-11-2002, 06:16 PM
but maybe your civic is blasting by Mustang V6s----which is of no big deal to broadcast. But, I guess maybe where you live----thats your competition vette or viper :silly2:

Scottie300z
12-11-2002, 06:31 PM
5.0 MUSTANGS HAVE 215HP AND RUN 15S. STOCK MUSTANG GTS HAVE 260HP AND RUN 14.0@100.STOCK SUPRA 320HP 13.6@106.300ZX TURBO 14.5@97.STOCK 3000GT TURBO 320HP 13.9@100.STOCK S2000 240HP 14.4@98.STOCK NSX 290HP 13.1@107.STOCK RX-7 255HP 14@99.STOCK SKYLINE 276HP(YEAH RIGHT) 12.8@109.THESE ARE ALL BADASS CARS.THE MUSTANG GT COST $10000 LESS THAN THE S2000.THE INTEGRA TYPE-R WAS A NICE CAR BUT COST $25000 AND RUNS 15.4 1/4.THIS IS NOT IMPORT HATIN ITS JUST THE FACTS.

ah, the 300zx twin turbo can do 13.8 but does 14.1 more often, honda s2000 14.2 And the Type-R runs a 14.8. Hate to nitpick but those are the facts and half a second is significant.

oh and 300zx N/A does a 15.0 flat w/ 222hp so that is pretty comparable to the 5.0 but w/ a whole lot less displacement and a more refined engine.

And you have to say the s2000 looks impressive w/ its low horspower
and high revs.
And it may not be too related but watch out for the upcoming M5 that is supposed to have a V10 similar to the formula 1 engine
And SAAB's variable-compression engine, now that is a piece of godly work.

Dave of D.I.
12-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Okay I guess your right I shouldnt be surprised that a Japanese 1.8 V4 beats a 5.0 V6 American car; 180stock Vs 215hp:bloated: damn that sucks. Anyway I guess this is when you start to pull out a Viper huh?LOL. Oh yeah it is a V10 so I guess that would be a fair comparison to a Jap 1.8 4cyl right? I know your not trying to insult me(thanx for letting me know that I appreciate it LOL) but V8 mustangs get it just as much as the old 6's do their no big deal either. Around my area we run into alot of mustangs and vetts too and believe me by next spring my integra wont be one of those imports that run away from V8 mustangs(I get those now LOL) and vetts; I'll be looken for them. A Viper I have to admit is way higher in the street level so give me till June of next year to beat one of those eventhough their rare I've seen a yellow one like 20min from where I live. Its just funny to me when we're hanging out to see one of my friends with a Type R hatch, Gsr civic and Corado VR6 run into their cars (chacearace)wheneva they see a mustang 6or8 "rumble" past us with that look saying look at those silly imports expressions on his face. WOW a 1.8 4 going after a V8 :eek: lol well around here thats not that surprising my friend:smoker2: Just give credit where its do; the imports are getting more and more competitive and Im not even talking about the superImports like supras,Z's,RX7's,3000GT turbos and the NA NSX. Oh yeah Im not one of those sticker imports, my car is a 1990 Integra with fucked up faded black paint, two cracked headlights, dented hood and a cracked side mirror LOL and its sad to say by next summer I'll be going after V10 Vipers to see how my car is doing:eek:lol. And by then I would have spent no more than $7000 dollars on my car and that includes the car itself:D . I do love the Viper but I try not to speak about it because I dont see them everyday but mustangs except for the SuperCharge Cobra I do see so its fair game. The Cobra eventhough its a supercharged V8(I wouldve like it if it came with alot more power, Im guessing 400hp I wouldve rather it be in the 450's or more) has gained my respect after getting destroyed by one in my sistas 97Vtec V4 accord on the highway:eek: LOL. Just kidding I didnt get to race him in the accord LOL but that Cobra I have to say is the best sounding(I know it has power too) mustang I've ever heard; so after seeing the guy driving it simply fly by everyone on the highway with a not eventrying look on his face I had to admit Ford came out with something really good. Just to give U an idea on what a LS(1.8nonVtecV4 140hp) engine in a little hatchback can do I recently got a mag with a girl that owns a 92-95hatchback civic with a stock LS engine in it turbocharge(this is a stock motor!); all she did was increase the fuel, and got a stand alone system and she's already in the 11's:eek: yeah thats by just adding a T3 homemade turbo kit to her 140hp stock integra engine and adding a little fuel and its a street driven car:smoka: . She expects 10's after just rebuilding the block. Once again I dont dislike Muscle cars just some of their drivers:bloated:LOL. Muscle or Import have fun racing but be safe out there. :uhoh: LOL.

turbo2nr
12-12-2002, 08:50 AM
well there is no answer to this question!
the 350z vs. mustangs and vetts only time will tell!

but i was just wondering i thing that always puzzled me with domestics(no offence to any domestic people put there)but why do some of you brag about beating a 4clyd in racing when most of the times you are 6+cyld. and the you complain when a 4clyd beats you? i mean that always gets me? why?why? why?

i mean god damm how do you put a car with 2.0L against a car with 5.0L or more. do you really expect the 2.0L to win? in a stock car against stock car race? damm...

but i do understand why you people are shocked when a worked 2.0L beats you. its because you guys have worked +5.0L and still a damm "rice rocket" beat me!

so there you have it why? why? why?

again NO OFFENCE TO DOMESTIC CAR DRIVERS

Stutz
12-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sr20det2nr
well there is no answer to this question!
the 350z vs. mustangs and vetts only time will tell!

but i was just wondering i thing that always puzzled me with domestics(no offence to any domestic people put there)but why do some of you brag about beating a 4clyd in racing when most of the times you are 6+cyld. and the you complain when a 4clyd beats you? i mean that always gets me? why?why? why?

i mean god damm how do you put a car with 2.0L against a car with 5.0L or more. do you really expect the 2.0L to win? in a stock car against stock car race? damm...

but i do understand why you people are shocked when a worked 2.0L beats you. its because you guys have worked +5.0L and still a damm "rice rocket" beat me!

so there you have it why? why? why?

again NO OFFENCE TO DOMESTIC CAR DRIVERS

What you don't understand, is that it really doesn't matter how you make the power, as long as you can compete.

Because Honda put $10,000 into the S2000 engine, does that make it any better than the $5000 Camaro SS engine that is more powerful?

Just because Honda wanted to do the small engine thing instead of the cheaper more powerful large engine thing doesn't mean it does it any better.

Also, displacement doesnt tell the whole story. The Civic EX makes less power and puts out more displacement per minute than the Ford Focus even though the Civic has more hp/l.

Why? Because even though the Civic puts out less displacement per cycle, it has to cycle more to make less power. Understand? I can post the numbers if you want them.

turbo2nr
12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
kol i get it now
thanks
:eek:

350ZLMsunset
12-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs camaros cant corner worth a shit, not only that but with the new Greddy TT or the rumored NISMO version runnin high PSIs The Z could kick a mustangs ass in a 1/4 mile

turbo2nr
12-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs

i so agree wid u you...
soon as those turbo kits for the 350z came out it will kill all!

at least i hope so....

turbo2nr
12-12-2002, 03:43 PM
damm quote didnt come out i meant for the part about the turbo to come out..
by bad:D :cool:

WakkaWu
12-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking aboutThis is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars. [QUOTE]

I totally agree.Okay,I know American muscle cars,the new ones,arent as fast as they should be but they will beat 70% of fast imports,maybe more.Better yet,put your Skyline up against a 1975 Hemi,you'll be shitting your pants.

[QUOTE]Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs camaros cant corner worth a shit, not only that but with the new Greddy TT or the rumored NISMO version runnin high PSIs The Z could kick a mustangs ass in a 1/4 mile

Of course it would beat a Mustangs ass,but not a Cobra or a Vette.

I think its sad for a 1.8 V4 with some mods to spank a 5.0V8

Well if thats true than who ever was driving the Stang didnt know how to race

Add your comment to this topic!