Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 Accord Wheels - Help Needed!

jchc_underoath
02-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Ok, so here's the thing. I have around 1500 bucks for a new set of rims and tire combo. I wanted to get a set of Kazera 18x7.5 inch rims wrapped in Yokohama rubber. My main concern is whether or not the tires might rub on the fenders should I have to cut the wheel hard. And, I'm guessing that I'll have to fiddle with my speedometer to compensate for the bigger tires. Anyone care to give advice or share concerns? Thanks in advance!

willimo
02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
The tire size change won't really be great enough to change the speedometer reading so much that you'll even notice. Yes, the rims are much larger, but the tires will be quite a bit lower profile, so while the outside diameter will change it won't be a whole lot. And in any case, the OEM guages are so innaccurate to start with, it won't matter in the end. Fiddling with it would do nothing but break it anyhow - you'd have to change the innards completely. Not something worth doing on a 1-2mph difference made by slightly bigger tires.

As far as rubbing - someone else will have to answer. Haven't done a lot in the way of 18" on an older Honda. I reckon they'd rub some (15x6.5's rub on the inside of my fenderwell during racing and I've only 2" drop), but without lowering the car too, there should be a lot of gap still.

Greenblurr93
02-15-2007, 05:28 PM
my 17's rub... but im tucking all 4 tires... if the overall circumfrance says the same, it wont affect your gauges. so in theory, as long as that stays the same and the width stays the same you shouldnt rub. if they are wider.. you may rub the inside during a full turn.

Add your comment to this topic!