Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

OEM foglight switch - which pins do what?

willimo
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
So it seems like everyone and their brother here is having some sort of foglight issue, and so am I. Sort of.

I just bought an aftermarket foglight kit for my 96 Civic which came with an OEM style aftermarket switch. Since I borked the mounting clip on the cheap switch, and it didn't match my interior, I went to the Honda dealership to get a Honda switch. Of course, though, the cheap switch had a plug in meant for the harnass included in the foglight kit, which isn't the same as the OEM harnass/plug in. So, to install my switch, I need to know what's going on in the switch, and I can't get it open without breaking it, too.

So I just need to know which pin goes to what. If anyone knows or has a stock switch on a 99-00 Civic and won't mind telling me which color wire goes to which pin, that would be freakin' awesome.

The plug has 5 pins in two rows. The right hand column has 4 pins, and the left column has just the one at the top of the plug. Which of these does what?

Also, there are two other pins outside of the plug. What, if anything, do these do?

Thanks!

Pharaoh44
02-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey bud'

Just go to the honda dealer and pick up the factory pigtail, put the relay from the aftermarket one on the factory one and youll be able to use the factory switch. Had to do it myself the pigtail is like 20 bucks

willimo
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I was there today. They wanted $65. Your dealer is much better. You wouldn't be able to tell me which color wire goes to which pin, wouldja?

SILVER2KCIVIC
06-03-2007, 09:11 AM
:smokin: Hi check on this site if u have not already www.passwordjdm.com (http://www.passwordjdm.com)
an go to lighting on top left on page an look under wireing u might find what u need.:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!