Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Integra turbo races

glockman
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
The other night, me and my girlfriend were out picking up movies and had just left the video store parking lot and a white integra type R came by. I had just finished saying to my girlfriend "Hey, it's a type R" when he sees me and guns it. I look stock (at least from every angle except the front) except for my AEM stickers on the windows. I don't really like to advertise to much, and I figure any one else will figure I'm just running a CAI which is good. Anyway, we get up to the light and I talked to him (his girls in the car too) and he says he has a built all motor set up which I'm gonna figure is got the I/H/E thing. I tell him I'm turbo. He says it'll be a good race. I'm like "sure" I don't know one way or the other really. Well the light turns green and I take off, not really getting on it because I don't wanna spin my tires, and not really sure if he meant it would be a good race if we ever raced. I shifted into 2nd at a low RPM because I didn't hear him get on it so I figured he must not want to race. Well he must have been trying to make sure he had traction too, cause almost right when I went into second I heard his car start roaring
I'm like fuck, so I get on it and have to wait out my turbo lag, now he's about a car and a half in front of me, and then I feel the turbo spool up and make power, by the end of second I had a good car length, and by the top of 3rd, he must have called it off since he was way back there. My girlfriend freaked the fuck out. She had never been with me while boosting. (only had this the turbo in for about 2 months)That was fun.

The next race was against one of my best friends in a stage 1 WRX wagon (soon to be stage 2). We agreed that he would give me a race from a roll, and I would give him a race from a dig. We got on the 104 (columbus, Oh) We started out at a 40 mph roll. We both started in third gear. He gave me the 3 beeps and we took off. Right from the get-go I pulled ahead of him about a car length through 3rd gear, then I only gained about another half car length through most of 4th, although I think he started to close the gap near the top, but we had to shut it down since we were comming into traffic. we were probably around 115 mph, maybe more at that time (watching the road, not the guages)

The first race I gave him from a dig was on 33. There was no traffic, so we just pulled up next to each other and stopped. I gave him the 3 beeps and took off. I burnt my tires severly (it was a little wet out which didn't help any) and then missed the shift into second. He destroyed me from the start though. Even if I didn't miss the shift, he would have still won as what happend in the next race. We turned around and did the same thing again. I was trying to have a more conservative launch, but that didn't last long. I started of just trying to take off normaly, but when I saw him just getting up and going, I slammed the pedal. Bad Move. just broke ground again all through first and second, let off a little in third and hooked the road, but it was too late, I was about 2 and a 1/2 bus lengths back. I really want to try this again on a dry day. I know he'll beat me off the line always, but I think if I just don't burn my tires, I can catch him in the end. Anyhow, we'll see.

The last race we had was going back to his house. We were on 270 N. This time I think we started around 50, but I'm not sure. I do know that this time I started in 4th, and he started again in 3rd. Right after the last beep, we both dropped it, but he took off like a bat out of hell, and I didn't! I had to wait to get back in the upper rpms. He gained about 2 car lengths before I started pulling on him hard. by the top of 4th I was about a car up and that's about were I stayed. We shut it down getting into traffic again, and this time we were around the 125-130 mark. They were great races.

I can't wait to try and race him from a dig again. I've been trying to see wheres the point that I can rev to but not burn my tires, but it's been pretty wet out lately. He's about to do the stage II stuff for his car, so I would like to see where that takes him against me. I still need to put on my exhaust, light flywheel and my clutch. I'll let you guys know how it goes after we match up again, and with what mods.

Schister66
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM
pics and setup....

glockman
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I'll go try to take some pics in a minute, but it's kinda dark so i may have to wait untill tommorow.

My set up is-

Turbonetics kit with t3/t4 turbo and spearco interooler.
TT 550 cc injectors
AEM Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
AEM High volume fuel rail
Hondata s200 w/boost option
Flowmaster muffler (going to get a High flow cat and some pipes bent up and a new tune within the next two weeks or so)

I'm on 10psi making 200 whp and 189 torque. The exhaust is killing me.

Schister66
02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
i'd say your exhaust is restrictive...on a similar setup and turbo, i made 275/194 on 9psi

glockman
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/DSCN0031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/DSCN0030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/DSCN0029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/DSCN0028.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/rooftopvoter/DSCN0032.jpg

Found a camera with a flash.

glockman
02-02-2007, 06:32 PM
i'd say your exhaust is restrictive...on a similar setup and turbo, i made 275/194 on 9psi

yeah, but your a GSR, I'm an LS. I hope to be at about 240 or so after the exhaust and new tune. I'm gonna do a VTEC swap sometime before summer. Oh yeah, gonna put the air filter on a hardpipe and move it to, just haven't got around to it.

Schister66
02-02-2007, 06:43 PM
nice setup....its good to see that there are more turbo DC's on this site finally....

glockman
02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Thank you. Call me ignorant, but what's a DC?

AudioGuy93DelSol
02-03-2007, 12:36 AM
DC is the chassis code for 3rd gen integras. Like calling 5th gen civics EG's and 6th gens EK's. Not all have a chassis code starting with those letters, but it's an easy generalization.

Schister66
02-03-2007, 03:45 AM
just to clarify that even further.....

94-01 Integras in general are DC's

RS, LS, GS = DC4
GSR, ITR = DC2

glockman
02-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks. What's the differance between the DC 2 and DC 4? I wanted to put on sway bars and such, but heard about sub frame tear out, but heard that the ITR and GSR don't have that problem, is this true? Is that some of the differance between frames?

OH yeah, just to clarify, those two injectors that are running into the intake pipe are no longer working since I put in the 550cc injectors and hondata, it's just that I don't have another pipe right now, and the injectors are still connected to the fuel line.

Schister66
02-03-2007, 11:49 AM
There is no difference in the DC2 and DC4 chassis. Also, i havent seen anyone use an "extra-injector" setup as an EMS for a long time....that is so horribly outdated. With the price of Crome/Uberdata (aka free) i dont know why anyone would use anything else...i'm glad to hear you ditched the retarded way of tuning in lieu of Hondata

Add your comment to this topic!