Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best truck for towing

Seanpm
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Now say you were Hauling cars all over the place. Which truck would you choose a Ford 7.3L Powerstroke or a Dodge 5.9L Cummins. Chevrolet is outta of this one...their older diesel motors were garbage.

v10_viper
02-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Now say you were Hauling cars all over the place. Which truck would you choose a Ford 7.3L Powerstroke or a Dodge 5.9L Cummins. Chevrolet is outta of this one...their older diesel motors were garbage.

Now by saying Chevrolet's older diesel's, I'll assume you're wanting to buy and older 90's truck. Unless it's a Duramax then yes, it's nothing comapred to the other two, but the Duramax is prolly the greatest diesel engine put into a light truck. You could get a 7.3 Powerstroke and chip it and have a helluva lot of power for pulling. The Cummins is a good engine and will have better reliabilty, but unless you get a manual trans forget it.

Andydg
02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Get the Cummins! My friend was working at a trailer place for about a year delivering them and trucks ALL over the country and they used the Cummins and NEVER had a problem out on the road. One time we were towing close to 45,000 lbs back to Chicago from Texas...it was slow going but we made it just fine.

72' Stang 351 H/O
02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke 7.3. My family has helped my brother and sister move 4 times. The truck acclerates just like it would if it weren't towing. They are very unproblomatic. I love the truck and I won't let my dad get rid of it. I told him I wanted it.

MonsterBengt
02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Around here they used mostly Chevy's for that.

Add your comment to this topic!