Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear end feels loose. Need some help....

doughboy_05TibGT
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum and need some help. I have an 05 Tib GT. The rear end sways back and forth in snow and skips side to side going over bumps. Rear end just always feels very loose. I had the sway bar bushings replaced under warranty at the dealership about 1 year ago. I am assuming it is the same problem again. Anyone else experience this problem with a different solution or know what may be causing these bushings to go out consistently? I purchased the car new and unfortunately have had nothing but problems with it. Thanks in advance.

corning_d3
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe the rear-end is out of alignment. A premium 4-wheel alignment may do the trick.. I've dealt with this problem on other vehicles(including my own!).

doughboy_05TibGT
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Well that is the funny thing too. I had that done last winter too. Hasn't even been 15,000 miles since I had it done.

corning_d3
01-22-2007, 09:51 PM
An alignment can be knocked out by many things, and a Tiburon is well.. weak. Pot holes, animals, and other things can knock out the alignment. Installing new bushings will skew alignment, also. What size tires are you running?

Add your comment to this topic!